Protesters/Rioters? Storm Capital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protesting is one thing. Storming the Capital is another. Destroying private property is another. Both of those should have no place in our society.
And neither should be called peaceful unless you are a hypocrite, and there is plenty of media and politicians that are. That hypocrisy fuels the things that happen around us as people are fed up.

"You'll never take back our country with weakness" - Mr. Orange earlier today.

Please show me another instance where the leader of the free world incited violence against his own country?
Trump Jr and Giuliani’s comments were sure helpful too.

This forum, more than other social activity in my adult life, has challenged and sometimes shifted my perspective of the world at large. It is not an echo chamber. So much of the current strife that has fractured our country seems to me to come from groups of people who completely lack the perspective to see where other groups of people are coming from. It cuts in all directions.

We have to find a way to communicate with each other without diminishing the humanity of one another, and remember that we are all Americans and we all want a country that works for us. I know I need to get better at that.

And neither should be called peaceful unless you are a hypocrite, and there is plenty of media and politicians that are. That hypocrisy fuels the things that happen around us as people are fed up.

That same feeling of being fed up & ready to take to the streets is what drove the protests this summer.

Put that feeling into perspective and try to see it from their side as well as your own.

Today went from lawful protest to insurrection. That's unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back