Caribou Gear Tarp

Protesters/Rioters? Storm Capital

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to see a movement in our country start that demands ALL political leaders support the democratic rule of law, no exceptions. Our country and our constitution are too valuable to make a mockery of our greatest values that have so far sustained a representative democracy. I have voted straight R for many years but I will align with anyone from the left or anywhere else on the spectrum who’s had enough of the baiting, inciting, dog whistles, baseless accusations, and worst of all, shameless public praise for acts of insurrection. Maybe if we demand more from our leaders by refusing to give anti-democracy a free pass any longer, the loud voices on the extreme left and right will get pushed further to the margins of our society where they belong.

I’d like to see a movement in our country start that demands ALL political leaders support the democratic rule of law, no exceptions. Our country and our constitution are too valuable to make a mockery of our greatest values that have so far sustained a representative democracy. I have voted straight R for many years but I will align with anyone from the left or anywhere else on the spectrum who’s had enough of the baiting, inciting, dog whistles, baseless accusations, and worst of all, shameless public praise for acts of insurrection. Maybe if we demand more from our leaders by refusing to give anti-democracy a free pass any longer, the loud voices on the extreme left and right will get pushed further to the margins of our society where they belong.
I still have an elk tag. Probly gonna chuck it in the garbage. Bad day. mtmuley

It’s a sad day. My brothers a history teacher and I talked with him over lunch about keeping notes during this. We both agreed he’d be lecturing about this day 30 years from now.
As someone witnessing history, it is incumbent on your brother to capture the events and his own perspective as a valuable firsthand history lesson. Urge him to continue to add to his files regarding this Presidency and this era, as I predict there will be continuing dramatic revelations surrounding the persona of President Donald Trump in the years to come ... perhaps even leading to an overwhelming deposit into the nations' landfills of those huge banners depicting a red haired flamboyant character whose integrity continues to wane through exposed truth.

Also, urge him to keep his eye on the Republican party as I predict it will survive and thrive, in spite of the dark hours of this day, Jan 6, 2021.

Totally believe that intruders in the Capitol were ANTIFA merging with lawful citizens in a peaceful protest.

President Trump had a post to his supporters to step down.

Twitter blocked that tweet. Media blocks all pro Trump posts.

And the election was fair. Bull shit!

Maybe I haven't seen this or i haven't looked hard enough..... how many registered (legitimate) voters are there in the USA

Time for a class action lawsuit against social media companies that use AI that intentionally foments hate and division? Those who own these systems understand this is how they generate traffic and can't be bothered by the negative affects it creates.
Watch "The Social Dilema" on Netflix, it is chilling - the technologists behind some of the original code talk about how it manipulates the human brain by design. Not left or right but more $$ and even more $$$$.

A friend posted today he was at the protest and he posted on Facebook do not believe the news. It was a peaceful protest with hundreds of thousands of people, he doubts it was Trump supporters who were involved and made a great point. Nearly a million people or more dispersed without burning or looting the town. I don’t excuse Donald Trump for his actions but let’s see who these criminals are who stormed the capital building before we give blame. Hundreds committed an egregious crime against this country but hundreds of thousands demonstrated in lawful assembly. Any person who entered the Capital building should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. As far as the president I think he destroyed his legacy!
There were not a million people there to be dispersed, not even hundreds of thousands, more like tens of thousands. And no doubt 95% were there to peacefully voice their concerns, as was the case with most BLM-type rallies. The problem is the 5% who come to make trouble, some from within a given movement, and even more concerning anarchists that use the protests as a way to generally foment chaos and don't give a damn about the election or black lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back