Protesters/Rioters? Storm Capital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I haven't seen this or i haven't looked hard enough..... how many registered (legitimate) voters are there in the USA
There are 235 million Americans over the age of 18, minus 5 million felons who live in states that remove their right to vote. That leaves 230 million adults eligible to engage the election process. Since every state has different registration processes and half the states have same day registration I don't know the registered number. But until the vote total exceeds 230 million there have not been more votes than eligible citizens.

The last year has culminated in today. And while any violence and destruction is wrong, done at our seat of govt. raises the stakes. Folks need to realize that there are intentional leftist anarchists and intentional rightist anarchists that have taken advantage of our increasing intolerance for opposing views. In turn, there are thoughtful peaceful intelligent people who have legitimate concerns over the state of black Americans; and there are also thoughtful peaceful intelligent people who have legitimate concerns over the left swing of AOC et al. The problem is too many of us are so busy hating on the other that we are letting the anarchists on both sides to have a hay day. It's time to celebrate all men and women of goodwill regardless of how "right" or "wrong" their views on tax, immigration policy and (dare I say) public land policy may be. Let's shine a light on the anarchist trolls until they crawl back in their holes. We did it in the 1920s - time to do it again now.
I'd just like this to be seen again. That is all.

There were not a million people there to be dispersed, not even hundreds of thousands, more like tens of thousands. And no doubt 95% were there to peacefully voice their concerns, as was the case with most BLM-type rallies. The problem is the 5% who come to make trouble, some from within a given movement, and even more concerning anarchists that use the protests as a way to generally foment chaos and don't give a damn about the election or black lives.

I agree.

I refuse to believe that the majority of Americans are not capable of disagreeing without bering disagreeable

AND, this is not the first time I have seen this or things like it. Approx 50 years ago Wash D.C. was on fire because of the Martin Luther King Jr assassination . I remember being very upset when President Kennedy was shot and again when I saw people celebrating his death. The Viet Nam protests got ugly several times in several locations. I was young but remember people being upset that approx 2/3rds of the Japanese sent to the internment camps were born in the U.S., the Cuban missile crises brought out some real interesting individuals and discussions . Currently at least one congresswoman has referred to 9/11 as "something happened" ( or something like that )-----Bobby Kennedy assinination , Nixon resignation, Clinton's affair------------

-Today was an embarrassment, but I believe we will not only survive the embarrassment, but will get stronger.

America the Beautiful

if I knew how to post things, I would include John Wayne's song ----America, you ask me why I love her

Last edited:
Disappointed in our Congress members who are die hard cool aid drinkers. It’s up to 121 and 6 Senators. The captain of that ship has done his absolute best to sink it today. Yet these congressmen and women have chosen to go down with it. I can’t understand with the actions of today why you would still contest a states vote.

Last edited:
I’d like to see a movement in our country start that demands ALL political leaders support the democratic rule of law, no exceptions. Our country and our constitution are too valuable to make a mockery of our greatest values that have so far sustained a representative democracy. I have voted straight R for many years but I will align with anyone from the left or anywhere else on the spectrum who’s had enough of the baiting, inciting, dog whistles, baseless accusations, and worst of all, shameless public praise for acts of insurrection. Maybe if we demand more from our leaders by refusing to give anti-democracy a free pass any longer, the loud voices on the extreme left and right will get pushed further to the margins of our society where they belong.
Totally disagree I would like to see a country that values liberties more than democracy. Kind of like our forefathers.. True democracy is just mob rule and that actual power and rights do not come from a select few or even a majority but that they these rights are inherent. That we would value those rights..

A democracy that isn’t founded upon the constitution is a joke and will only have liberties for those entrenched in the corruption. What is happening is not celebration of liberty, it is subversion of the Constitution and the liberties and democratic process it is intended to guarantee.

Today was shameful and it was bad for our country. Third world garbage really. I think their motives are misguided.

That said, being somebody that generally dislikes politicians, I couldn’t help but get a sense of enjoyment watching on live tv, visible fear come over the faces of some of the most vile people in our country, as they realized that there is a chance that they are not safe.
There’s a lot of people in this country in power, from Senators right down to local health department bureaucrats that if it was even 20 years ago would be in fear for their physical safety in public for how they govern today. I don’t think you have to agree with the misguided motives of the idiots today to hope that maybe some good can come out of something that overall really is a disgrace.

Edit: meme added for maturity.

8A6E2B7D-E778-42B6-8419-E8F55CE6B6DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Totally believe that intruders in the Capitol were ANTIFA merging with lawful citizens in a peaceful protest.

President Trump had a post to his supporters to step down.

Twitter blocked that tweet. Media blocks all pro Trump posts.

And the election was fair. Bull shit!
Honest question Bobby, do you know what this is on this guy’s shirt?

4128453E-D2D2-48D9-A9A4-3ABB7E104E1D.jpeg

This is the Antifa of the other side of the spectrum.

Today was shameful and it was bad for our country. Third world garbage really. I think their motives are misguided.

That said, being somebody that generally dislikes politicians, I couldn’t help but get a sense of enjoyment watching on live tv, visible fear come over the faces of some of the most vile people in our country, as they realized that there is a chance that they are not safe.
There’s a lot of people in this country in power, from Senators right down to local health department bureaucrats that if it was even 20 years ago would be in fear for their physical safety in public for how they govern today. I don’t think you have to agree with the misguided motives of the idiots today to hope that maybe some good can come out of something that overall really is a disgrace.
Indeed. A more humane segment of our species would have experienced some empathy for constituents whose lives are threatened worse than those legislators' were; every day in their homes, their neighborhoods, their jobs. I heard almost none of that in the CMA (cover my ass, not Country Music Association) speechmaking after sessions resumed. Another learning opportunity, dismissed in favor of personal, political protection.

“We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede. Our country is had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that’s what this is all about.” - POTUS

I do not believe Trump is responsible for the actions of others. I believe that people are responsible for their own actions. But it’s also true that Leadership and ownership are intertwined, and the vacuum of those two things not existing has led to failure, which in turn has filled the vacuum with excuses and rage.

Look around at the flags, clothes, and incantations. To witness these followers turn on their own party and even their own ideology, is a glimpse into the cults of personality of yesteryear. It’s often deeper than even their religion and there’s a darkness to it.

It’s certainly not limited to one side of the political spectrum, but it is at the most visible I have ever seen in my life.

Not to derail this immediately, but you have riots that were incited by:

1) A black guy unjustly killed by a white cop
2) A completely unproven election conspiracy

Comparing the two is inane. That said, I don't support or condone violence for either circumstance.

The violence today is what happens when people worship a person more than a democracy.
Really? I didn’t realize the trial of the police officers in Minneapolis had been held. I was thinking it was scheduled for March. And it’s interesting to hear the left suddenly place an emphasis on “evidence”. Sure didn’t work that way when it Trump/Russia, Trump/Russia, “Trump called veterans losers”, etc. I guess it depends upon whose ox is being gore.

To witness these followers turn on their own party and even their own ideology, is a glimpse into the cults of personality of yesteryear.
This has rung true for me the last 18 months - lifelong friends with whom I have shared much including fairly thoughtful and nuanced political thoughts for decades who have suddenly turned in to trump chanting zombies - I don't get it, but if it can happen to these well educated, well connected and successful folks, I can see how it could have powerful allure to those less educated, less connected and feeling disenfranchised from the American dream. Frankly it is a bit scary that normally rational people are one weird year away from surrending independent thought and logic. I guess it helps us understand what happened in Nazi Germany (I am not calling Trump or his supporters Nazi's, I am referring to a successful, well educated, orderly society descending in to the madness of one person)

“We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede. Our country is had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that’s what this is all about.” - POTUS

I do not believe Trump is responsible for the actions of others. I believe that people are responsible for their own actions. But it’s also true that Leadership and ownership are intertwined, and the vacuum of those two things not existing has led to failure, which in turn has filled the vacuum with excuses and rage.

Look around at the flags, clothes, and incantations. To witness these followers turn on their own party and even their own ideology, is a glimpse into the cults of personality of yesteryear. It’s often deeper than even their religion and there’s a darkness to it.

It’s certainly not limited to one side of the political spectrum, but it is at the most visible I have ever seen in my life.

I agree. I don’t get the cultish following especially among religious people for Trump. I see why people voted for him and i voted for him in the last election too, but people are so married to these politicians it’s unfathomable.

If I vote for somebody it’s because I agree with them more or disagree with them less than I do their competitor. People need to stop making it an identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back