PEAX Equipment

Projected WY point creep.

YZF-88

Do you folks think WY point creep for antelope will be as crazy as every other state and species this year?

Applied for my first ever tag with 2 more points than has historically been needed. Not a trophy unit...just looking to bring my kid and hang out in some cool looking country...and of course try something new. No way antelope hunting will be addicting right?

I fully expect to see a 1.5-2 point increase this year...It seems like every single state is seeing record numbers of applicants across the board this year.

No way antelope hunting will be addicting right?
Yeah man, no way, just try it one time, you won't get hooked. *scratches neck*

Point creep this year will be more of a product of tag reductions than anything IMO. There are parts of the state that will see big jumps, but some out of the way units and higher point units will see very little. My opinion anyway.

Also a ton of guys are gonna whiff on doe tags and be clueless as to why, will be funny to watch.

Edited to add: I would feel good about my chances if I were you, as long as it didn't see a big reduction in buck tags.

Tons of tag reductions for both buck and doe/fawn. I personally applied in my preferred unit with 2 points in the special where you can draw on your first choice with 0 points. Not taking any chances, I didn't get to hunt last year because of COVID and I want that damn tag again! Time will tell.

Seems like a lot of types 1, 2, 6 and 7 tags have changed their definitions or boundaries. For instance, 7-6 is West of such and such creek/road only. I think some guys might make some costly mistakes this coming season if they don't pay attention.

Do you folks think WY point creep for antelope will be as crazy as every other state and species this year?

Applied for my first ever tag with 2 more points than has historically been needed. Not a trophy unit...just looking to bring my kid and hang out in some cool looking country...and of course try something new. No way antelope hunting will be addicting right?
The Unit you applied for didn't have a tag reduction. With 2 over I think you will be fine. With 1 it could be close but I think you will still be ok.

Edited to add: I would feel good about my chances if I were you, as long as it didn't see a big reduction in buck tags.
The unit I applied for didn’t have any tag reductions but I do recognize many others did so those people will probably look elsewhere. Fingers crossed.

Tag cuts + the legislature getting closer and closer to reducing NR quota = point creep

I'll also be interested in whether, for those of us that did pay attention, and adjusted our strategy accordingly, well, did it work out for us? It was tough in Wyoming given the depth of the cuts.

Me and a buddy did a group app, 2 points a piece, regular draw in a unit that was 32% success with 0 points last year. Fingers crossed. No cuts either.

Back