Pro Shop value

A-con

Are Pro Shops worth the extra cost.
Do you shop at a local pro shop or buy every thing mail order/on-line

I would say, it would depend upon how advanced you are. If you are a bigginer or even intermediate, it is very important to use these services, they will help lead you (most generally) in the right direction, and show you how to do a lot of the basics. I don't make my own arrows, so I use the pro shop any more to keep myself in good quality equipment that way.
biggrin.gif

Anaconda,

Elkchaser is right on the money in my opinion. If a person is novice-intermediate a proshop can save hours of frustration and discouragement from the tuning process alone.

I'd say buy the bow, rest, quiver, sights from a shop. Let them get it shooting out of the bow straight, then from then on buy arrows, broadheads mail order.

Since I have no experienced bowhunters (that I know) who are able to help me out. I will use the pro shops. I need to get back there soon also so I can get another bow set up. I also need for the draw length to be shortened and I dont trust myself to do it.

sometimes pro shops will let you test a new item before you buy it.since everyone shoots a little different this could make a big diffenence in rests, sights and things like that.

Back