Just a Poor Colorado kid!

We get the elk 1/2 broken down and SIOGH shows up. He must know the distance between his thumb tip and pinky tip to the 1/16” because he flips his hand up and down the antlers and tells me it’s right smack dab in the middle of my goal range, and he ends up correct.

My helpers pack quarters to the road(250yards) and shuttle vehicles while I finish up. I make peace with it all, it was an amazing experience.

View attachment 307124View attachment 307125
Those teeth are the best part! Hopefully they show on the mount.

Congrats on an awesome bull. Understand the feelings, but I think you made the right call!

Awesome bool, Dink. Glad you didn't have to eat that tag, too. Hell of a year for ya.

Old animals>big animals. When they are both, as in this case, it's all the better. Congratulations on a great hunt!

Well I know it's no "Wyoming Whaletail" ;) But I'm sure you will get over whatever simmering disappointment you may have trying to find a place for him on your wall.

I think AZ was disappointed you did not have a 12 person team to help boost the local economy, hence the full court press on post hunt contact.

In all seriousness, congrats on an epic hunt that was 20 plus years in the making.

Thanks for sharing the Bugle Magazine article. What a journey, thank you for bringing us along. Well done, pal! -from, a poor MT girl dreaming of a hunt like this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back