Presidential Public Land Positions - take 2

Last time I read the constitution it was clear as to what lands the federal government is allowed to have and for what purposes. If you dig into it it might upset a bunch of people on this site. If you want public land it is up to the states. It belongs to the states. And yes I know it is not a popular thing to say on this site. So here we are in our dellema as to what to do now. I'd argue Cruz follows closer the the constitution and Trump closer to leaving the situation alone.

If you're going to learn about the US Constitution by watching interpretive dance videos make sure to watch the ones that have subtitles so as not to misinterpret.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg23aNdmYJk

Emails sent to most of the candidates listed as well as my SD Rep and Senators. I'm really proud of Trump for his stance on the issue and hopefully Cruz can pull his head out of his you know where on this issue because I actually do think he is a good candidate. He's been a fighter for the 2nd Amendment and will do his best to clear out the cronies in DC. However, he needs to change his stance on this though if he wants to get my vote.

Sent out the emails to the candidates and my state representatives. No response from the candidates but I got 3 responses from the state guys. Only one thinks it's a bad idea. At least I was able to voice my opinion to them.

As a long standing voting Democrat I really appreciate what Trump said in that interview. It's good to know he is looking out for us.....Now if he will address the problem of western states abusing non residents and funding their divisions of wildlife on the backs of non residents with sky rocketing and unprecedented increases in tags, he will have my vote :) !

As a long standing voting Democrat I really appreciate what Trump said in that interview. It's good to know he is looking out for us.....Now if he will address the problem of western states abusing non residents and funding their divisions of wildlife on the backs of non residents with sky rocketing and unprecedented increases in tags, he will have my vote :) !

Not much he, or any President can do about that. It's a 10th Amendment state's right issue. USSC has ruled many times on the topic that states can do as they please. The recourse for a non-resident it to not spent money with that state and hunt elsewhere.

I understand your concern but Big Fin is correct.

I'm from out west but in my dreams, something I would like to see is mid-western, eastern and southern states turning over half their land to the feds and creating some great, huge wild-lands for me to come pursue *their* native wildlife in. I'd love to hunt over vast tracts of deciduous forest, tall-grass prairie, swamp, etc. without having to ask permission or worry about trespassing every half mile. Wouldn't it be cool if we had traditional wilderness migration corridors connecting every state in union, elevated or underground transportation and utilities, etc. :eek:

Then I woke up.

Its called capitalism (I know that's a scary word 'round these parts..but...). If you and other "abused" take your monies elsewhere, the prices will be dropped to compete with those states that have similar commodities which are selling at a lower rate.

Or move to a state, contribute taxes, services, and other community oriented things and hunt for relatively cheap.

Your choice.

If I had to choose between Trump (who is at least paying lip service to the pro public land hunter) crazy uncle Bernie, or the great indictable Hitlary.....id have to say Trump it is. Since between the other two, one should be in prison, the other a straight jacket.

.Now if he will address the problem of western states abusing non residents and funding their divisions of wildlife on the backs of non residents with sky rocketing and unprecedented increases in tags, he will have my vote ! fwagner
First off, that's a non-starter, as western states have that very right and authority, which not Mr. Trump nor any potential candidate is going to mess with. Although nonresident license sales are important to most western states for funding a number of important programs, that funding is not the fund-all / end-all for those budgets. Furthermore, when states like Montana significantly increased nonresident fees the dire prediction was that fewer and fewer nonresidents would visit Montana to hunt. Initially, the max available licenses were not sold, however fish & game took in increased revenues due to the increased license fees. Now although the licenses don't sell out right away, by general season time most sell. Now, with the potential of "shoulder seasons" where we will see elk hunting in Montana from August until mid-February, the Trump boys and every other hopeful elk hunter will want a tag and a telephone number to go shoot a haystack pregnant cow ... and get a two-fer.

Now, with the potential of "shoulder seasons" where we will see elk hunting in Montana from August until mid-February, the Trump boys and every other hopeful elk hunter will want a tag and a telephone number to go shoot a haystack pregnant cow ... and get a two-fer.
Wonder what an elk fetus would taste like? :eek: Better get Rinella on that ASAP.

, the Trump boys and every other hopeful elk hunter will want a tag and a telephone number to go shoot a haystack pregnant cow ... and get a two-fer.

...the Trump boys? Seriously? Would there not be a passle of tanny residents partaking at cut rate prices also?

...as the train leaves the track

Its called capitalism (I know that's a scary word 'round these parts..but...). Since between the other two, one should be in prison, the other a straight jacket.

Funny you say that, as I figure Trump has qualified for both of those as well at more than one occasion!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back