Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Preferred Pronouns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just always been interesting to me how intolerant, allegedly tolerant people come across...in particular in the U.S. which prides itself on freedom.

I never have been able to wrap my mind around that...probably why I avoid organized religion like the plague.
I hear ya. We certainly can be a judgy group.

I just read GM's comments as tolerant but not affirming. They happen to closely align with my beliefs and I view myself as very tolerant of others choices even if I think they are delusional. But I suppose everyone thinks they are tolerant.

well this one got weird... I should of listened in English class. I now do not have an understanding as to what a pronoun is....

THESE ARE JOKES.

foxy ladies and the pretty girls.
You have no idea how much this offends me ;) ----- Actually, you know that it doesn't, but it did remind me of a story I will share

A male friend mentioned how beautiful he thought some girl was when we were standing in a concession stand line and a lady behind him went on a two/three minute tirade about women being more than a pretty face. He listened attentively and then said, I agree, she also has a great body !;)

You have no idea how much this offends me ;) ----- Actually, you know that it doesn't, but it did remind me of a story I will share

A male friend mentioned how beautiful he thought some girl was when we were standing in a concession stand line and a lady behind him went on a two/three minute tirade about women being more than a pretty face. He listened attentively and then said, I agree, she also has a great body !;)
I'm offend by your lack of musical knowledge despite claiming to enjoy the "classics"....

Do some of you think those of us not on the pronoun bandwagon are "offended" by the use of the terms? Reading through the comments I'm trying to decipher sarcasm, humor, and sincerity of being "kind and respectful".
I do not ask people's pronouns because I think it is generally silly. I do not give my pronouns in greetings because I don't care if someone is incapable of figuring it out.
If by chance I meet or work with someone in this very small percentage group that has a specific request of a certain term, whatever. No problem being kind and respectful, but I personally will not be forced to use certain words or phrasing upon first meetings.
It is not bigoted to see the absurdity in applying certain language rules to everyone in order to appease very few.

I'm offend by your lack of musical knowledge despite claiming to enjoy the "classics"....
touche

Thanks to the help of a couple of male members, I have returned to edit this post.

I did say I liked the music from the Boomer generation, but not Rap. However; in saying that, I have just upset "rapper" fans.

"Rap" is not for me, so I had never heard of it, but the video would definitely upsets a "feminist" or two ;)

Last edited:
World's full of folks that want tough guy points for punching down.
Confusing to me that people equate not following a certain point of view to punching down or being offended. Also who is punching and who is down?
Do some of you think those of us not on the pronoun bandwagon are "offended" by the use of the terms?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back