Preferred Pronouns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I'm self employed and not put in a spot to have to deal with such ridiculous agendas. It is offensive to me to have to lie and refer to an obvious man as a woman, I will try to be kind to everyone but I'm simply not doing it. Our world is rapidly changing and not for the better. These kind of woke moves are trying to force everyone to accept their ideas and are so easily offended if you don't cater. If you are a traditional conservative person you are shamed if you don't go along. There are multitudes of people that don't agree with this stuff but are to afraid to let it be known out of fear of being punished somehow. I will go as far as to say there are folks on here that agree with with this post but are not going to agree because if the pressure felt on this hunting forum. I have noticed that some of the ones demanding tolerance and equality are some of the most hateful and intolerant people around. Contrary to popular belief a person can strongly disagree with someone's lifestyle and NOT hate them. Let me be clear, I am not advocating being rude or mistreat anyone but I have a line drawn and I will not cross it.
I remember back when I was a hospice chaplain we had a patient dying of HIV. My job was to provide spiritual support If wanted by patient. Someone at work asked me if I was going to go visit and support Mr. So&so (assuming I wouldn't I suppose).Of course I would was my answer. I went and visited my patient and he wanted my support. I prayed for him and sang hymns to him gladly.
I used to go to downtown Tulsa weekly and feed the homeless, offer Bibles and care packs ( socks, chapstick, bandaids, tooth brushes, etc.) There were certainly LGBT people there. I treated them the same, I just will not agree with it and pretend I think it's ok.
Time to get educated. Homosexuality is a genetic condition not a chosen lifestyle. Seems there are a number of genetic recipes that can produce this characteristic. It's still unclear to what degree they can be inherited or are simply mutations like Downe syndrome. Probably both. I do recall at one time scientists were fairly certain they had identified the gene location for homosexuality in men and that it was recessive (usually skipped a couple of generations jumping sideways in the family tree, e.g. great uncle to grand-nephew). The LGTB community became very agitated about the discovery, fearing right wing types would be identifying the gene through amniocentesis and terminating pregnancies of potential gay fetuses. Not sure if the "discovery" of recessive inheritance actually held up to scientific scrutiny or was so distasteful for both ends of the spectrum that it was simply dropped. Since then researchers have identified a number of genetic combinations that seem to be responsible for homosexuality. Anyway, you are choosing to regard these fellow human beings as less than desirable based on the genes God created them with. So, how do you think He feels about that? Yes, I instinctively find homosexual behavior abhorrent. I should. It's an animal instinct that was developed through evolution to ensure our survival as a species. But a fella went on the cross two thousand years ago because of his warning that we were no longer animals (see the parable of good Samaratin about ignoring animal instinctive racism). We were the children of God ... who have now matured WAY past the stage of being just His children (watch a video of an exploding hydrogen bomb!). Time to accept the responsibilities that come with growing up. I am no longer an animal and will not be ruled by animal instincts.

Last edited:
Kids/people don’t need a f@$&ing pin to be treated with dignity and respect when they walk into my classroom.

It wasn't until I took French in high school that I realized my family mispronounces our own last name.
My father was the last male in his family line and he changed his own pronunciation of the family surname twice in his life (and insisted he never did). As his only son I now own this and some day my only son will. I wonder how it will be pronounced in 50 yrs ;)

Forcing you to inquire about people's pronouns is just stupid and creating an issue/distraction where none would exist otherwise. If someone wants to be addressed a certain way they can make that known and it is pretty easy to respect. Unless Richard is requesting to be addressed as "Big Dick" or something else ridiculous.

How many folks on here have actually been chastised for not knowing someone’s gender identity upon first meeting them? Like, in real life, not something you saw on the internet? An actual moment in which you were polite and courteous and accidentally misgendered someone, and then were scolded by that person for making the wrong assumption.

In my experience (and I work with a number of people who identify as trans) this just doesn’t happen.

How many folks on here have actually been chastised for not knowing someone’s gender identity upon first meeting them? Like, in real life, not something you saw on the internet? An actual moment in which you were polite and courteous and accidentally misgendered someone, and then were scolded by that person for making the wrong assumption.

In my experience (and I work with a number of people who identify as trans) this just doesn’t happen.

Never.

But I got yelled at for not wearing a mask and wearing a mask in the same day, in the same strip mall... New Hampshire is wild as F

Same.

We’ve even Americanized the pronounciation and 95% of strangers still can’t say it, 100% can’t spell it.
My surname is English and can be traced back to Puritan immigrants in the Mayflower era. But everyone still mispronounces it. Vowel followed by a single consonant followed another vowel does NOT have the short sound. I stopped getting annoyed at mispronunciation of my name back in grade school. But I will NOT change the way I pronounce it. That would disrespect a heritage with substantial historical significance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back