Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Prayers for SYTES

Keep it up Sytes!! You're gonna get there.

I will echo those sentiments of not knowing what you are going thru, only can surmise.

You are an inspiration.

Please give your wife a group hug from us also. Believe me, I think I am speaking for us all; we all hurt for you. But, also amazed at your strength and fortitude during what you and your family are going through.

Guys,
52'
74'
Walker! Very little aid... I had TONS more real control. Also big deal is think its called sensory perception is potentially present! The 52' my posture was not too good as I was able view my feet HOWEVER, 72' we worked on posture where I could not see my feet... and they believe that my foot placement indicated the sensory perception as active... if so THAT IS HUGE!

Anyhow new news of small steps, big advancement.

Thanks guys n gals for your support, thoughts, and prayers.

Hey a light favor if you dont mind, please give RMEF a courtesy thank you call on my behalf... members and non/perspective members. In my opinion, this will not only express appreciation for their thoughts and support though will maybe aid in such potential situations in the future!

Members, I hope the actions provided you a darn proud feeling.

Non members, i hope this aid in decisions when considering foundations to support. RMEF presented their personal side amidst the great efforts for our future outdoor enjoyment.

Anyhow enough self promotion from me... h

Guys,
52'
74'
Walker! Very little aid... I had TONS more real control. Also big deal is think its called sensory perception is potentially present! The 52' my posture was not too good as I was able view my feet HOWEVER, 72' we worked on posture where I could not see my feet... and they believe that my foot placement indicated the sensory perception as active... if so THAT IS HUGE!

Anyhow new news of small steps, big advancement.

Thanks guys n gals for your support, thoughts, and prayers.

Hey a light favor if you dont mind, please give RMEF a courtesy thank you call on my behalf... members and non/perspective members. In my opinion, this will not only express appreciation for their thoughts and support though will maybe aid in such potential situations in the future!

Members, I hope the actions provided you a darn proud feeling.

Non members, i hope this aid in decisions when considering foundations to support. RMEF presented their personal side amidst the great efforts for our future outdoor enjoyment.

Anyhow enough self promotion from me... h

That's great news Sytes. Keep up the hard work

Had some pics sent to me... Thought I would share them here is some limited form of time frame - hope you enjoy. I know I do when I see them.
I sure appreciate Randy starting this thread, all the fantastic support (tougher days, I read up on these posts - thanks guys!) Cards and people stopping in! And RMEF's gift - it was like Christmas with great items usable in my setting!

I head home June 4th so I am in the final lap... For runners... that lap is full speed ahead!
Med / Insurance wise, I have been very fortunate! Insurance has enabled 3 additional weeks of staying here in rehab and that has been very fortunate!
Work wise... I can not say enough! My big boss and his wife have become a tight personal support for my wife! Not only that though he applied for a grant on my behalf! A couple weeks ago he said, "So what you want? the good or bad news?" I told him bad..."Well, bad news is the grant did not pan out as we thought... The good news, they DOUBLED IT!"

WOW! Amazing news. A shower being installed downstairs, additional hand railing, wheelchair ramp... this grant is a great help!

More AWESOME news? Big boss has worked out light duty assignments when I am able...(a ways away) AND a program was set up for employees of the federal govt able to donate sick leave to assist officers, agents, and other civil employees... I am STUNNED to say, I have almost 8 months time to recover enough to get into my light duty position.
Basically this is 4 solid months... 1 week paid, 1 week no pay... Keeps me on the payroll and doubles my time to recover. Nothing like an Agency doing so darn much to support my recovery!

Anyhow, pic's with some brief info:

picture.php

This is either after my first or second surgery on my neck... Could not feel ANYTHING under my pecks. Bottom side of my arms
Then my left big toe moved... and my recovery began!

picture.php

This was my first day after about 3 + solid weeks of 24/7 bed bunked up! Muscles done / gone! Partially broken wrist. Finally, out of bed and in an electric wheelchair.

picture.php

Finally able to work my ass off! Making head way... From a time where only my left big toe slightly moved!

picture.php

Me standing... walking with a walker and relearning the whole ability to walk!
Thanks to RMEF and members... thought a food shirt pic would be a great finish.

On to home soon with my insurance paying for 60 sessions of outbound rehab! Good stuff!

Anyhow sorry for the sideways pics...

Looking good Sytes. Glad to hear that you will be headed home soon. That will be a lot nicer than a drab old hospital room. Keep up the good work!

Great news. Keep up the tough work. That home cookin' should help the recovery.

Awesome. Great to actually see the results of your efforts. Keep puching hard. I am in town this week, and will do my best to get by to say hello.

Matt

Amazing! Wonderful news re: the grant!!!! Great report, thanks for the pictures. Tremendous.
Congrats on your success Sytes, and continued progress! Keep proving miracles do happen :)

Great news, Sytes. We are all pulling for you. Glad to know you have such a great network in your wife, your family, and your co-workers. Times like you are experiencing are hard to even imagine, so having that support network has to be invaluable.

Let us know how we can help.

Best to you.

Sytes, can either you or your wife check your PM's? sent you something.

keep on keepin on with the recovery.

“The wishbone will never replace the backbone.” --- Henry Wilson Allen (author of western novels)

Sytes: Good to hear you're progressing toward your goal --- stay the course!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cohunter14
Back