Powerball winnings?

You have to buy a ticket to win so that excludes me.

I was in a Flying J yesterday and the cashier said that a man came in Saturday and bought $120 worth of tickets and has nothing to show for it. That doesn't sound like wise use of money. That's why winning the lottery ruins lives. Because the people that win are the people that were gambling their money away in the first place. I would venture to guess that most of the people buying lottery tickets have no business spending what little money they have on lottery tickets. The people that can throw a few dollars at the lottery without having to worry about the ramifications of gambling that money away probably will do just fine without winning also.

BUT.........if I did happen to come into that kind of money I'm sure I could find plenty of ways to enjoy it. I think I'd quit my construction business, move out west and get a part_time job at a Cabelas just to have something to do and get discounts on my outdoor gear. If I could afford lots of stuff with $1.3 billion, I could afford even more stuff at a steep discount with $1.3 billion. LOL

Last edited:
I was in a Flying J yesterday and the cashier said that a man came in Saturday and bought $120 worth of tickets and has nothing to show for it. That doesn't sound like wise use of money. That's why winning the lottery ruins lives. Because the people that win are the people that were gambling their money away in the first place. I would venture to guess that most of the people buying lottery tickets have no business spending what little money they have on lottery tickets. The people that can throw a few dollars at the lottery without having to worry about the ramifications of gambling that money away probably will do just fine without winning also.

Lottery is how we tax the poor (and everyone else that plays).

Oregon lottery records are public, there's only 6 sate which you can remain anonymous.

Instead of post the winners names, why not post the loosers? That be interesting to see! I know my name won't be on that list. Maybe a different "looser list", but not that particular one.

Instead of post the winners names, why not post the loosers? That be interesting to see! I know my name won't be on that list. Maybe a different "looser list", but not that particular one.

So I've never gambled one red cent in Vegas or played any lottery because I look at averages and know that the odds are rediculous and there are so many who are actually banking on things like this to get out of serious financial problems, only to get deeper from putting way too much money in gambling.
I was telling my cohort this and telling him that it's just a crazy dream that everyone has. Anyway, he gives me a lottery ticket and ask me to put down 5 numbers then 1 in the other box just to see. So I put 27, 3 (look at my name on here) 34, 8,4 (for my address ) and 8 in the other box! Durnit, I think I would have won $100! I'm glad it was just a hundred bucks that wasn't won. If I would have picked a 10 instead of 8, I would be vomiting right now!:(
What do they say..."woulda, coulda, shoulda"!:D.

If only I had spent the $2, there's so much that I could have done with those winnings! Like maybe a box of ammo and a tank of gas! I'm just kicking myself!:D

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papretzelman
Back