Post your Mystery Ranch pics

I didn't get my Mystery Ranch NICE 6500 until 2010. These were taken of a Dana Design Glacier that I used for years before I got the new pack. I am hoping since Dana Design was Dana Gleason's predecessor to his Mystery Ranch line that these will qualify for this thread. The hunt was a buddy's 2009 quest for Colorado mountain goat. I had the whole life-size cape in the pack, along with some other stuff, and that load made the walk out to the trailhead perfectly.

Attachments

• 2491.jpg
    2491.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2,797
  • 2493.jpg
    2493.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2,740
  • 2492.jpg
    2492.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,676
Last edited:
Here are mine from this year...Crew Cab loaded...got a workout this season

Ramhuntelkand2011deer020-1.jpg

bullspics2011030.jpg

bullspics2011021.jpg

Branden2011speedgoat012.jpg

Sheepscouting035.jpg

Ramhuntelkand2011deer001.jpg

Very nice! But didn't anyone tell you the MR packs are too heavy? You should be hanging a Kuiu from there, you might break your chopper...

So helped pack out 5 elk this year with my Longbow. I packed half of a cow boned out inside the bag. I carried boned out meat between the bag and the frame. I carried half of a spike bull bone in between the frame and bag. I strapped my muzzle loader onto the bag. The Longbow is one serious load hauler. Also the inside pockets are awesome. I love them. Oh and it hauls my tree stands and ladders really good to.

14j0z6x.jpg

11iebh4.jpg

10y3w1w.jpg

lngbow do you eat the hooves and lower legs? why would you be carrying those things out man

That was my first thought too Mudranger but then i took a good look at that load. Any man bad ass enough to sling that pack any distance should be referred to as MISTER LNGBOWFLYER.

That was my first thought too Mudranger but then i took a good look at that load. Any man bad ass enough to sling that pack any distance should be referred to as MISTER LNGBOWFLYER.

AGREED...but I still got know

We normally bone the elk meat out. But the spot on the mountain where that elk died. (I'll post a picture later) was so steep that the quarters kept sliding off of the game bags and were almost impossible to handle due to the incline of the terrain. So we didn't want to start deboning the meat and get a bunch of dirt on the meat. So I took a half like pictured, my brother took a half just like I did (while the old man took the head, tenderloins and backstraps) and we hiked downhill about a half mile to where it flattened out and we could properly debone the meat.

I will say that even though it was only half a mile and it was all down hill that was a ROUGH load to carry. I am super impressed with the Longbow's ability to carry that load. I don't know how much it weighed exactly but it was heavy enough :)

crap, that didn't work. any pointers for getting a link to a picasa photo to work in the post? Never posted photos before.

I gave Javier a ride back to camp in my MR SATL.

Attachments

• JavPaksm.JPG
    JavPaksm.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 2,326
Here are a few pics of my MR pack from this year...

Picture of my Crew Cab while archery deer hunting and scouting for my archery elk hunt in early Sept.
P1050421.JPG

Packing my wife's bull off the mountain in October on my Longbow.
Karly%2527s%25202012%2520LO%2520Elk%2520Hunt%2520271.JPG

This load had one hind quarter in between the bag and frame, with a bag of meat in the longbow bag. (My daughter was only packed the last 30 yds back to the truck after she came out to greet me.)
Karly%2527s%25202012%2520LO%2520Elk%2520Hunt%2520291.JPG

Packing out my coues deer in November in my Longbow. Meat is sandwiched between bag and frame.
2012%252036C%2520Deer%2520Hunt%2520122.JPG

Ron

Hey AZ Ron-

in the photo with the bull elk, you have a trekking pole / monopod. Where did you pick that up?

thanks. -ScottP

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back