MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Polygamy vs. Homosexual Marriage

Spitz

Isn't the underlying issue the same? I don't agree with either, but I don't think polygamy receives any support around the country while homosexual marriage is a pretty big issue for some.

If polygamy and underage marriage could be separated, wouldn't the argument that consenting adults should be able to marry who they want and receive benefits like the rest of us be the same arguments that homos use?

Why would you want more than one wife though. LOL I see what you mean though. The reason gay marriage gets so much attention, is the squeaky wheel gets the most oil.

Why would you want more than one wife though. LOL I see what you mean though. The reason gay marriage gets so much attention, is the squeaky wheel gets the most oil.

I think in this case it would be the squealing wheel.

take a look at pictures of some of those Hags from that compound. Even Miller wouldn't touch them so maybe they were better off. If it wasn't for the children I really wouldn't care too much but the kid thing is the bad part.

I think polygamy is a much bigger problem since one man has 10 wives and 40 kids all under one roof. He is legal with one so you have 9 women with 30 kids maxxing out on welfare checks every month. How do you think the sect ended up with tens of millions? Make it legal to marry a hundred legal age women if it will get the scum suckers off the welfare rolls. Last thing the pedophiles want.

So far I'm unaware of any prosecution for polygamy. Usually what they get in trouble for is underage marriage and welfare fraud. At least that's all that the State of UT has gotten them for that I'm aware of.

I think a big portion of the lack of support for polygamy is that it hasn't gotten popular in Hollywood like homosexuality has. Hate to say it, but those folks due set a lot of trend for the country...

Isn't the underlying issue the same? I don't agree with either, but I don't think polygamy receives any support around the country while homosexual marriage is a pretty big issue for some.

no, the underlying issue is totally different in my opinion.here they are taking children out of the homes of the polygamists while you have two pole smokers adopting children and raising them in ferry land as if that is some kind of normal healthy life.
If there is an issue with child abuse then you go in and remove children from harms way....however, in this particular case it appears authority's have way overstepped its bounds(again), You don't go in and clear out a entire neighborhood because you suspect a crime has taken place at some other nearby residence. Obviously these are non-violent people, I'm amazed by their restraint from violence in protecting their children.

As far as polygamy itself...come on, If some guy wants to have ten ugly wives he should be given an award not punished.......talk about taking one for the team! True wingmen if I ever saw one! definetly up and beyond the call of duty..... Their loyalty and sacrafice shouldnt go unrecognized.

I think a big portion of the lack of support for polygamy is that it hasn't gotten popular in Hollywood like homosexuality has. Hate to say it, but those folks due set a lot of trend for the country...(Pointer)

....are you implying targeted social policy modification due to a specific liberal media's agenda prioritization? If so, damn good point.

So how do you like being a trend setter...
Since I don't live in Hollywood, I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

nhy- Sorta? I think we're on the same page, just different parts. Once it's accepted by and talked about by the rich and famous in Hollywood it only a matter of time and it will start gaining traction in the rest of the country...

Great point on the hollywood influence. I think we all agree that people make stupid choices all the time. It's just when you bring innocent kids into the mix that you really have a legitimate beef with someone's lifestyle.

Well, if you'd use my whole quote, you'd see that the H-wood part is pretty much the crux of it. If you are trying to insinuate that I am either gay or a polygamous, it was a very lame attempt.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back