Point Banking to be discussed again by the CPW Commission

if i ran this nutty world we live in, i'd make it that any unit that exceeds 5 preference points becomes weighted MSG style of draw.

i'd also close 75% of existing forest service roads and outlaw all OHV use on all public lands punishable by fines no less than $20,000 and not to exceed $100,000 dollars and no less than 1 week tied naked to a pole in civic center park.

i digress tho
you have my vote! No more OHV except for qualified disabilities

I agree that true preference systems are broken. But the fact is that there are not enough "premium" or "quality" or "high demand" hunts available to go around. No different than sheep or moose tags. Lots of people are going to die disappointed if they need those hunts in order to be satisfied.
Agreed, I am ok that they may never draw them - but having a chance to draw them and a choice to apply in that manner is what counts. Again, all my opinion and as a NR my opinion shouldn't hold up as much as a R would.

Reactions: Oak
How many times do some of the commissioners need to hear that this is not a good idea before it sinks in? This thing should have been killed two Commission meetings ago.

How many times do some of the commissioners need to hear that this is not a good idea before it sinks in? This thing should have been killed two Commission meetings ago.
They don't actually listen or absorb the public's comments, we're just there for the illusion they give a damn.

At the end of the topic in May, they were throwing around a working group, looking at the panel summary from 2018 or something else.

I'd be shocked if point banking was brought up again, but that said shocking happens. I doubt anything is going to a final vote in June, but I' be fine if the final vote was nevermind.

Reactions: Oak
At the end of the topic in May, they were throwing around a working group, looking at the panel summary from 2018 or something else.

I'd be shocked if point banking was brought up again, but that said shocking happens. I doubt anything is going to a final vote in June, but I' be fine if the final vote was nevermind.
Yes, I wonder if the PP banking on the rule-making notice is in error. The indication at the meeting 2 weeks ago was another working group. However, the May discussion was "step 1 of 2," so there could be additional discussion in June. It doesn't hurt to resend comments.

Comments submitted starting today will be reviewed before the meeting. Hit that submit button

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back