Caribou Gear Tarp

Proposal to change R:NR allocation to 75:25 -Comments due by 12:00 Friday 4/28

Pelican

anyone else find it interesting the last page of the doc reads like it was already approved?

"APPROVED AND ADOPTED BY THE PARKS AND WILDLIFE COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO ON THIS 3RD DAY OF MAY, 2023."

Even states who approved and who attested.

Also bummed they didn't just go 80/20 to avoid cutting any resident tags.

Nothing I can do about it. I brought it up here in early March. I think it should be 80/20 across the board, but if people haven't been hammering them with emails since then, it's probably not going to happen. It doesn't help that they will be discussing it right after approving a reduction of 32,000 limited licenses.

The money interests will be coming out in force to testify against even 75/25. We will hear about all the cash to rural Colorado, billions and billions, cpw budgets, public lands belong to all, and the poor outfitters grossing only 200k a year who just can't make the payments on their new equipment and feed their horses.

Who is signing up to zoom in and be a voice of reason?

Nothing I can do about it. I brought it up here in early March. I think it should be 80/20 across the board, but if people haven't been hammering them with emails since then, it's probably not going to happen. It doesn't help that they will be discussing it right after approving a reduction of 32,000 limited licenses.
Sent my third email since March today. Getting a little annoyed to never even get an auto reply. But hopefully my 3rd and final email was blunt enough, however respectful, to get my point across

Reactions: Oak
The money interests will be coming out in force to testify against even 75/25. We will hear about all the cash to rural Colorado, billions and billions, cpw budgets, public lands belong to all, and the poor outfitters grossing only 200k a year who just can't make the payments on their new equipment and feed their horses.

Who is signing up to zoom in and be a voice of reason?
Love it when they imply residents don’t spend money locally for hunts.

Would that be up to 25% or a guaranteed 25% for non-residents?
Up to, but NR in general have more points than R. It's only for the lower demand hunt codes that R can achieve greater than their regulatory allocation within a preference point system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back