PEAX Equipment

CO: CPW discussion document for R/NR allocations

though the former commissioner's (forgot his name) public input that messing with this without careful consideration will have rippling effects throughout the whole web and could unintentionally mess all sorts of things up did not resonate with me, at all
Gaspar Perricone.

Reducing non-resident opportunity is always going to be unpopular with local governments, outfitters, and money-hungry commissioners. Those interests currently hold more sway over decision-makers than resident hunters, primarily because hunters don't participate meaningfully in the decision-making process. Even if the Commission were to adopt the most restrictive option to NRs, Colorado would still be one of the most accessible states in the west.

I'm not very optimistic that we will see a meaningful change from this process. Maybe we should have tied support of the Future Generations Act to reform of the R/NR allocation.

Atleast this commission is giving resident hunters the middle finger on an annual basis in regards to allocation instead of once every five years like previous commissions.
I honestly though there was a good chance for the units under 80/20 split to be updated as the financial hit was nil. I really don’t know where we go from here if the commission balks a making CPW take a 45k hit.

Does anyone know if comments submitted to the commission are subject to CORA requests?

Atleast this commission is giving resident hunters the middle finger on an annual basis in regards to allocation instead of once every five years like previous commissions.
I honestly though there was a good chance for the units under 80/20 split to be updated as the financial hit was nil. I really don’t know where we go from here if the commission balks a making CPW take a 45k hit.

Does anyone know if comments submitted to the commission are subject to CORA requests?

i could paste my e-mail here if you wanna see it

i've worked for the state. what i recall is that if an e-mail enters a state e-mail inbox (server) it's now information subject to cora if it's never deleted (though illegal to delete if deleted after a cora request is submitted)

the state's chat system deletes all chats after 24 hours for this reason

i could paste my e-mail here if you wanna see it

i've worked for the state. what i recall is that if an e-mail enters a state e-mail inbox (server) it's now information subject to cora if it's never deleted (though illegal to delete if deleted after a cora request is submitted)

the state's chat system deletes all chats after 24 hours for this reason
No need to paste your email. I’m just wondering what is being sent to the commission that makes them kick the can/barrel down the road again and again.
As we will get to participate in this sham public involvement process again next year, I’m just wondering if someone may be submitting comments with bogus figures about the impact of changing allocations.

No need to paste your email. I’m just wondering what is being sent to the commission that makes them kick the can/barrel down the road again and again.
As we will get to participate in this sham public involvement process again next year, I’m just wondering if someone may be submitting comments with bogus figures about the impact of changing allocations.

it would be interesting to see what most people are submitting

but my guess is that the average resident hunter touts a bunch of selfish BS about how they want all the tags and will only stand for it if they lower the tag cost

the outfitters tout a bunch of doomsday BS about how every mountain town will become a ghost town if they lower NR allocation and the outfitters will be forced into bankruptcy

and as Oak mentioned, it's fairly obvious who screams the loudest, or at least, who they hear more from

I'm not very optimistic that we will see a meaningful change from this process. Maybe we should have tied support of the Future Generations Act to reform of the R/NR allocation.

Ya think?

Not maybe, the fee increase should have been tied it to something. But everyone and Organization that testified was begging to be charged more with nothing in return. Didn't even ask for hunting generated dollars to be spent on hunting programs.

At least the CPW was honest and said they wanted the money to fix dams and fish hatcheries and nothing really for the hunting side. And hunters were kind enough to give it to them no questions asked :rolleyes:

the outfitters tout a bunch of doomsday BS about how every mountain town will become a ghost town if they lower NR allocation and the outfitters will be forced into bankruptcy

a
That’s what I would expect from them and the reason I would like to get my hands on it. Being able to point out any BS might help the cause as the commission seems deaf to the fact that CO has by far the highest NR allocation and that updating the list of unit under the 80/20 split would of had essentially no financial impact to CPW.

BS about how every mountain town will become a ghost town if they lower NR allocation
This is a bit of a non sequitur but we really need to get a handle on Non-Residents across the board... I mean you want to pay for a bunch of stuff well here's your solution...

It's insane that non-residents in vail/aspen/ telluride pay less taxes on their crazy second homes in Colorado than they do on their primary homes back east.

$9,067,000 primary home in Greenwich, CT $100,212.80 in taxes.
1605823580846.png

1605823687524.png

$24,001,110 second home outside of vail... $92439.39 in taxes.

1605823747046.png

Sorry I worked for a county government for a while and there is all kinds of crazy crap like this, I'm sure it's just as bad if not worse in WY and MT.

Last edited:
Don't care what they do...I will burn the last points I have next year, then I'll just keep snagging more 10+ point deer units off the leftover list, with the list who needs points anyway.

They need to do something. I went on a sheep hunt in the Zirkels this year. The amount of hunters parked at/near the trailhead was unreal. Although, I don’t think they’re killing much. It mostly seemed like clueless flatlanders on their first trip west, wandering around aimlessly, dying of the altitude but they were strong in numbers.

Even at that though, the number of them we saw at >5 miles from the TH was 0.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back