Caribou Gear Tarp

Podcast - request for topics

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Starting next week, we are going to crank out some Podcast episodes. Each episode will probably have 3 to 4 different topics with a lot of other tangents. You are going to hear a lot about the Hunt Talk forum when we are talking on the Podcast.

Given that, I am looking for topics you think would be interesting and timely. Since the subtitle of the podcast is Randy Newberg Unfiltered, most any topic is fair game.

Look forward to what topics you want to hear. List them here.

ht-radio-smalltagline.png

I love ur break-downs of the diff state license draw systems. Also how u select diff units. What to look for in planning a hunt in a new area or unit.

Having just started attempting to film my own hunts I would love to hear about the challenges you face in getting video worthy of your show. How you alter your approach to a hunt due to filming. How many blown opportunities due to waiting for the camera to capture the shot etc...

It would be interesting to hear what type of small camcorders you use along with the bigger pricey cameras. Also how or what do you use to keep the batteries charged?

Ide like to hear what you think this season has in store for hunters across western states or regions. Like what regions seem to have below normal precip and areas that have above average precip, and what that means now and in the future seasons. Also, maybe you can give listeners a idea of how Montana game animals are recovering from the two difficult winters a few years ago.

Federal land transfer breakdown, and why it's a bum deal for future generations of hunters.

The demise of bighorn sheep in North America.

The status and health of the different lower 48 grizzly populations, and how they currently and potentially could affect hunters.

Your opinion on the different point systems the different states are implementing, and whether or not we're screwing the younger generation(s) by having them in place.

Your top five/ten list. Topics could be caliber of rifle, state to hunt, species of animal to hunt, pieces of gear in pack, bucket list of hunt locations, people to hunt with, ideas are endless.

Hunting ballistics from your local sporting goods store. The scenario:

Everyman easterner that has hunted whitetail his entire life. Owns a common long action, short action, or magnum rifle, and is comfortable shooting to 200 yards.

This hunter just drew an elk tag and is headed out west for rifle season. What round combination can that hunter pick up off the shelf to get the job done for the typical public land hunt? What does the hunter need to be looking for from a bullet weight, type and speed standpoint?

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/05...r-harassing-elk-in-viral-video/9041432910799/

Here's another topic. This guy flew with an ultralight aircraft over a large herd of elk and posted it on youtube. He got busted for it and paid a fine. The part I find unbelievable is that many feel it's OK to do what he did. Might interview him, the Elk Foundation spokesman, and maybe ask Jim Kropp about harassment of wildlife.

Like to see a discussion of the Pros and Cons of Landowner tags, In my state, I believe they are truly damaging hunting. For non residents, probably the best way to hunt New Mexico.

Back