Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pigs

Get off of CNN lol, haven't you learned? Everything is because of global warming, it makes sense if you don't think about it lol
Wasn't CNN. Some channel the wife had on. Regardless, that type of bull crap reporting does nothing for whether you believe in GW or not. Pigs now, something else later. All a blame game. mtmuley

I know a guy with a commercial hunting property here in Oklahoma that hosts two to three hog hunts a year to control their numbers. We've had such a good acorn crop this year in Oklahoma that they're not coming out of the woods to where the blinds are. When I was hunting in the Wichita mountains in December the acorns were thick on the ground out there.

Global warming? Just a good year for acorns? My money's on the latter.

Feral hogs are a big problem. Like feral cats.

Outfitters are still charging people a good chunk of change to hunt them though. If they were that bad of problem wouldn't the market/price for a hunt drop to get more people to do it?
You would think so right? There's a ranch not far from where I am that charges $250 for one day of hog hunting and a limit of one hog. It's ridiculous. If you can gain access to private land where people are wanting to get rid of them, that's the best route to take.

You would think so right? There's a ranch not far from where I am that charges $250 for one day of hog hunting and a limit of one hog. It's ridiculous. If you can gain access to private land where people are wanting to get rid of them, that's the best route to take.

The going rate in California is roughly $800, some places getting close to $1,200, very very few under $700. Landowners almost opened up a funnel of cash from CDFW last year with a bill expand the SHARE (private land public access) because pigs were causing so much damage.....fortunately hunters called them on this BS and got it shot down, they already have the tools they need for eradication/damage.

Back to the OP, there's probably some ability for them to expand their range through climate change, but it's people illegally trucking them around, and poor farming practices causing their expansion. Blaming it on climate change is like trying to fix the federal budget by cutting food stamps.

Outfitters are still charging people a good chunk of change to hunt them though. If they were that bad of problem wouldn't the market/price for a hunt drop to get more people to do it?
Not sure about that. Hog problem around here is real. Plenty of farmers will let you hunt for free. Welcome to kill em all on my land, no charge. Sure there are outfitters that charge but there are plenty places to go for free (other than your license) . Farmers want them gone.

Where I'm living it is pretty much global warming central and even they don't blame the Hog explosion on climate change.
They say the most causative factor is bio fuel, they plant a lot more Corn for gas additive alcohol than they used to and Corn is a Hog superfood.

Another factor is the Green party, they added multiple qualifications for hunters, hoping to make it as difficult as possible to get a hunting license/firearm ownership, which equals fewer hunters..

Come on man it's the reason of every decline so now it's the cause of population expansion. Ofcourse

I've been looking into a guided hunt here in Aus, not for pigs but they're an add on...for $450 per pig. I couldn't believe my ears but the guy shrugged and said "American clients pay it". No wonder the govt is culling buff by the tens of thousands while hunts for a single animal are running at $10k.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back