Petiton to bar OYOA from airing

Facts and reasoning have no place on that page. If you look at some of the other stuff they are asking for action on, one of them is for a call to petition the EPA to stop the use of plastics because "40% of the worlds ocean are covered in a stinking mess of garbage" or something like that. I know there are a few places in the Pacific where some floating garbage that are several miles in diameter, and it is a problem, but somehow I think they might have streched the truth a little to get to 40% of the ocean being covered.

Randy and others. It is a good thing I drank all of my coffee, as it would be spewed on my monitor! LOL!

I suspect the the mutual admiration society on their FB page is scrambling as their site has been inundated by heretics who have challenged their religon!

E-mail from new York times editor

I sent him an e-mail telling him some concerns about how misleading his article was...here is his response, he may join the forum...seems like he actually wants to
get to know some of us..so try to be nice..:)

Thanks for your email. I've gotten a lot of email about this piece, some really nasty stuff from anti-hunting people who used obscenities to describe what they thought of me for killing woodchucks, and mostly angry but civil email from people who, like you, think I don't know what I'm talking about.

I expect to hear from people telling me off and I try to listen. Let me clear up a couple of things. I'm not against killing or managing wolves. I didn't say that in the article, and I don't believe it. Wolves cause plenty of problems and whatever number people agree on some are going to be killed. Okay with me.

I didn't like the television show for a few reasons. It was promoted as a show that was going to take on the wolf issue and shed some light on it, and I thought it didn't do that. If the Sportsman Channel wants to reach anybody outside of already committed hunters it did a bad job. The show took an issue that polarizes people and jumped right into to the polarization.

And, I regret to say, I made the same mistake. I took a kind of snotty tone to slam the show, and should have emphasized the idea that there needs to be more discussion between people with different points of view. For that I apologize.

But I don't think I slammed Randy Newberg himself. It was one episode of his television show. The Sportsman Channel sent it to me in hopes that I would write about it because they were saying it really was a serious consideration of the wolf problem. And it wasn't. Once you go on television and promote your show in a certain way, it's fair game for reviewers.

I also said I couldn't get it that it was "fun" to kill a wolf. That's my opinion and if you think I'm nuts for saying it, or some kind of tree-hugging weirdo, fine. But I can't see that as bashing him.

Finally, I hope to write more about this issue. And I'm open to anything you or other hunters have to say. I'm on vacation now but when I get back I'll email you again if you're serious about the hunt talk forum. I would be willing to go on it, as long as it's okay with people who are on it to write about my experience. If you'd rather we could talk on the telephone first, off the record. I'd like to find a way to present the point of view of hunters, but the thing is, the people reading it are mostly nonhunters, so the approach of just saying they are wing nuts won't get any point across.

Sincerely,

Jim Gorman

Watch that FB page as the Supporters of Randy are deleted one by one....Mark my words...

It is very sad when you have people who object to others opinions and beliefs and expect to be taken serious about their own, when they voice them to others. Along with that, i am sure many of the nay-sayers are members of PETA, and believe in treating animals better than humans. I too am a member of PETA; People Eating Tasty Animals! While I dont have the Sportmans Channel, I am sure that the hunt was filmed and edited in a professional manner. Close minded people create unnecessary drama and are only brave enough to make vulgar comments via the internet when they know they cannot be contacted and engage in a civil debate. I am confident that BigFin' can, does, and will engage anytime, anywhere he is asked to give an explanation. I will be continuing to support this show and spending my hard earned money on the things I am passionate about, Hunting!

I really feel Randy should have a conversation on the issue so he can educate him on what is happening. Then he might understand the problem. Have to say he is a stand up guy for willing to meet with some and discuss the matter.None the less he should have done it before he published the story if he wanted to be a fair journalist. :cool:
I sent him an e-mail telling him some concerns about how misleading his article was...here is his response, he may join the forum...seems like he actually wants to
get to know some of us..so try to be nice..:)

Thanks for your email. I've gotten a lot of email about this piece, some really nasty stuff from anti-hunting people who used obscenities to describe what they thought of me for killing woodchucks, and mostly angry but civil email from people who, like you, think I don't know what I'm talking about.

I expect to hear from people telling me off and I try to listen. Let me clear up a couple of things. I'm not against killing or managing wolves. I didn't say that in the article, and I don't believe it. Wolves cause plenty of problems and whatever number people agree on some are going to be killed. Okay with me.

I didn't like the television show for a few reasons. It was promoted as a show that was going to take on the wolf issue and shed some light on it, and I thought it didn't do that. If the Sportsman Channel wants to reach anybody outside of already committed hunters it did a bad job. The show took an issue that polarizes people and jumped right into to the polarization.

And, I regret to say, I made the same mistake. I took a kind of snotty tone to slam the show, and should have emphasized the idea that there needs to be more discussion between people with different points of view. For that I apologize.

But I don't think I slammed Randy Newberg himself. It was one episode of his television show. The Sportsman Channel sent it to me in hopes that I would write about it because they were saying it really was a serious consideration of the wolf problem. And it wasn't. Once you go on television and promote your show in a certain way, it's fair game for reviewers.

I also said I couldn't get it that it was "fun" to kill a wolf. That's my opinion and if you think I'm nuts for saying it, or some kind of tree-hugging weirdo, fine. But I can't see that as bashing him.

Finally, I hope to write more about this issue. And I'm open to anything you or other hunters have to say. I'm on vacation now but when I get back I'll email you again if you're serious about the hunt talk forum. I would be willing to go on it, as long as it's okay with people who are on it to write about my experience. If you'd rather we could talk on the telephone first, off the record. I'd like to find a way to present the point of view of hunters, but the thing is, the people reading it are mostly nonhunters, so the approach of just saying they are wing nuts won't get any point across.

Sincerely,

Jim Gorman

Maybe you should send them all the Aporkalypse promos that are playing now on the Sportsman channel where Nugent and the Pigman are popping pigs from a helicopter. Maybe they will turn their wrath on them and drop the wolf issue.

Maybe you should send them all the Aporkalypse promos that are playing now on the Sportsman channel where Nugent and the Pigman are popping pigs from a helicopter. Maybe they will turn their wrath on them and drop the wolf issue.

I was wondering the same thing........:D

Uncle Ted is gonna start gettng some big heat for sure..........but Like Randy says" they mistake me for someone who gives a chit" :D

I ALONG WITH 10000 OF OTHERS FEEL ThAT U Are a complete scumbag and u can fln guarantee that this this being an election time that u best be wrryd about being canceled u fkn bastard prick n i hope ur dog gets shot by a neighbor n u see how it feels ur the reason y ur god believes u deserve no more fkn chances

Obviously, the redwolf failed to read the user agreement.

Intellectual discussion is again lost in those who get frustrated that facts are intefering with their emotional opinions.

And yes, redwolf, it appears you have mistaken me, and most others on this thread, as people who actually care about your emotionally charged opinions. Now, if you had some fact and could spell, and could provide something worthwhile to the discussion, we would probably take time to engage in a debate.

Until then, you might be better served to go back to the Center for Biological Diversity website and continue licking your computer monitor to get the last drops of dried Kool-aid that they have served up for those who believe their falsehoods and want to send them money.

I ALONG WITH 10000 OF OTHERS FEEL ThAT U Are a complete scumbag and u can fln guarantee that this this being an election time that u best be wrryd about being canceled u fkn bastard prick n i hope ur dog gets shot by a neighbor n u see how it feels ur the reason y ur god believes u deserve no more fkn chances

This is either a prank, or someone I should feel sorry for because their utter lack of an edjumacation has left them a hollow bitter person.

Facebook just sent me an email that I have posted some inappropriate content that got deleted. They said it was a photo. Not sure what that was. I will have to go through my photo albums and see what was removed.

The mods on FB need to get some thicker skin.

Yup, I just checked - I no longer have any wolf photos in my FB albums. What's up with that?

Am I the only one who hopes FB stock goes down even further than it already has.

Yup, I just checked - I no longer have any wolf photos in my FB albums. What's up with that?

Am I the only one who hopes FB stock goes down even further than it already has.

I ditched facebook a couple of months back and went to Google+. Admittedly, the user base is much smaller then facebook (for now), but the community seems to be much more engaged and intelligent than what you find on facebook.

Hey free publicity. I wonder how the ratings would change if every news paper would run a article about how small your penis is? Who cares as long as they put "On Your Own Adventrues" in there somewhere.

Nancy Pelosi is probably part of this irrational group at CBD trying to throw her weight around with FB. It appears that FB is just as spineless as this CBD group and picks and chooses to what is proper censorship. You would think FB could focus more on the protection of personal privacy and do something better about a system that allows stockers, child predators, and thieves to locate their prey, but instead they jump all over some wolf pictures by which were taken legally. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back