PEAX Equipment

Perch on ice...

BuzzH

Went out this afternoon to a lake about 20 minutes from my front porch and fished for 3 hours.

Managed to catch my limit of 50 perch and one silver-sided carp. Ended up with 4 quarts of perch filets.

Couldnt fit them all on the filet board, but you get the idea:

09-17-07%20010.JPG

Buzz....
A carp? really? you eat those? ;)
Never had perch. Do you just bread and fry them? How do they taste?

I miss the Lake Erie perch fishing down where I am at now. Bringing them up double at a time was fun.Only thing I hated was the filleting because of the bunch we usually had.

Thanks for reminding me.;) :cool:

Nice, I'm hoping for some good ice up on a local lake to go do the same thing here shortly. Nothing like some good fresh perch.

Time to get the auger sharpened and head to the lake. Damn warm weather is screwin' me up.

Good job and good eats Buzz!

What lake did you hit? I remember my wife talking about big perch catches in Wyoming, I think it was Lake Dismet or something like that.

KP

Perch out of cold water eat great! The rare silver sided carp-trout, are almost as good.

I'm going to wait until bird season is closed, then take the kids out for some ice fishing....I've never really gotten into it. I'd rather fish for steelhead in the winter, but since the water flows east instead of west here, I need to adapt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back