People Fleeing cities? Not according to Zillow

My wife and I have been looking at houses in Eastern Oregon. Judging by the increase in house prices and how quick they're selling ill say, NO
I saw a guy walking down highway 84 in Oregon by North Powder with a 10 foot cross with a wheel on the back of it. I suggest rethinking moving to eastern Oregon lol.

The local building inspector got a DUI while at work driving a city vehicle. He kept his job.😯 More bureaucracy doesn't always equate to better building standards. But if it makes you sleep better at night, keep asking for more.😉
You can't stop people from being a-holes, but at least you have an inspector. I have often claimed that some of the public workers were drinking when they approved some of the results I have seen in my area. I would also feel better if everyone in Montana didn't think they knew how to do something better than the "other guy".

You can't stop people from being a-holes, but at least you have an inspector. I have often claimed that some of the public workers were drinking when they approved some of the results I have seen in my area. I would also feel better if everyone in Montana didn't think they knew how to do something better than the "other guy".
Last time I did a job in town, the inspector only showed up half the times I called him for an inspection. The clients were pissed that they had to spend $2000 to get that kind of service on a small 400 square ft addition. I'm glad I dont live in town and have to deal with that when building for myself.

Last time I did a job in town, the inspector only showed up half the times I called him for an inspection. The clients were pissed that they had to spend $2000 to get that kind of service on a small 400 square ft addition. I'm glad I dont live in town and have to deal with that when building for myself.
Positives and negatives to everything I guess. In buying a house, you have to worry about the stuff you can't see. House near me was built with high end stuff, very nice, and the owner put the electrical in himself to save on cost. He is not an electrician (being kind). It is a beautiful house, but I wouldn't purchase it for that reason. Had an inspector signed off on the work, I might be more comfortable.

Positives and negatives to everything I guess. In buying a house, you have to worry about the stuff you can't see. House near me was built with high end stuff, very nice, and the owner put the electrical in himself to save on cost. He is not an electrician (being kind). It is a beautiful house, but I wouldn't purchase it for that reason. Had an inspector signed off on the work, I might be more comfortable.
The state of Montana requires permits to do electrical work no matter who does the work, home owner or professional. If no permit was taken out, then he broke the law. In order to get electric service from any provider turned on for new construction, you have to provide the permit. Your example was most likely inspected.

We ended up timing our move from Missoula to down here perfectly. Moved down here in 2019, spent a year finishing small projects on the house in Missoula and moving into the house here. Put the house on the market in August and had an offer above asking in 4 days. It was a bit stressful - if the market had gone the other way.

When a person/couple pays over 20% for housing cost it’s only a matter of time before they run out of money. $2500 a month mortgage is about about 3 months away from foreclosure when you get sick, get divorced, or get laid off.
Guessing you never owned or rented property in the Southwestern portion of California where it is not uncommon to pay 40% of gross income for housing. It is just an expected expense when living there.

I saw a guy walking down highway 84 in Oregon by North Powder with a 10 foot cross with a wheel on the back of it. I suggest rethinking moving to eastern Oregon lol.
Lol we have that here as well. Which is fine and dandy, as everyone has the right to do such a thing.
What gets me (and is the driving force of wanting to move) are people believing their belief/opinion is the only correct.
It is rampant here in KY and has only become worse the last 4 years

Lesh is an exceptional asshole. A quick internet search of his influencer antics will show he is not the typical transplant and the good news is he's due to for a meet up with out friend Darwin either through his own actions or those of someone else.

Getting ready to sell our Bitterroot property and just met with the realtor for the first time today. I knew the market was hot, didn't realize it was this crazy. Her advice was when we list get ready for it to go quickly. 40-50% increase over what we paid 5 1/2 yrs ago? I feel bad for the first time homebuyers trying to break into this market.

Last edited:
Getting ready to sell out Bitterroot property and just met with the realtor for the first time today. I knew the market was hot, didn't realize it was this crazy. Her advice was when we list get ready for it to go quickly. 40-50% increase over what we paid 5 1/2 yrs ago? I feel bad for the first time homebuyers trying to break into this market.
Yep. It sucks.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kallcarrty
Back