Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Patience Please, Another Goat Story

We got the goat caped out for a life size mount and all the meat boned out and headed back to camp.
After spending the night, we headed out to the truck the next morning. Rick carried his goat hide and the meat and I packed out the whole camp. Not only that but it rained on us nearly the whole pack out. I don't know if I've ever been so glad to see a truck. I tend to try and forget the pack trips out. Thankfully our bodies have a way of forgetting pain once they are rested up.

Rick on the pack out. I didn't get any pictures of myself. I was too miseralble:)

Attachments

• Rick's goat hunt 053.jpg
    Rick's goat hunt 053.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 1,107
  • Rick's goat hunt 055.jpg
    Rick's goat hunt 055.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 1,094
A post script to the trip.

Al was able to hold on for a few more months. I was able to edit up the video and he got to watch a DVD of Rick's hunt before he died.

Gerald Martin (if thats your real name ;) )

Thanks for taking the time to post up the hunt. One of the best reads ever posted on HT. Great pictures too!

And thats a damn good goat!

A+

Well done, and Kickass story and pics and goat and.. and .. just well done!

Thanks for taking the time to share the story with us. It was fantastic in all aspects.

Thanks for taking the time to post that, Gerald. I read along last night as you posted. Great photos and story!

I think I'm going to draw a goat tag this year. :rolleyes:

Threads like this are pretty much the reason there is no need to subscribe to the old-fashioned print magazines about hunting.

This is a great read, great photos, and all parties involved are to be congratulated.

What was the old mill at the lake? I assume some sort of mining?

Gerald:

That is an amazing story. Very cool that you captured it in pictures, and even more so that you caught it on video.

Thanks for taking the time to tell it here.

Congrats to Rick.

JoseCuervo, Yes there was an old mine in there.

Gerald Martin (if thats your real name ) WDH- I know its cheesy to post under your real name, its something I started when I registered at Bowsite several years ago. I did it to remind myself to bite my tongue (or at least my typing fingers) when I would be tempted to post something under the cloak of anonymity that I normallly wouldn't have said if it were attributed to me. Call it situational forum ethics if you will. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post the story and pictures. It's stories and pics like these that help me through the winter months. Thanks again.

Awesome story Gerald, thanks for taking the time to put it all up and bring us along like that.
I really enjoy it when there's pictures like that to help the story evolve.
Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing your story. I can dream about this one for a long time. What gun where you shooting?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back