Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Our kids, their critters

Dave N

Seems like plenty of us post pictures of our kids and their first deer, buck, elk, fish, etc... Those posts get the usual congrats to them and their proud folks, then move on down the list. I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where we could put them all in one spot and see just what our next generation did that made us so proud. They are the ones that will keep our hunting heritage going so they deserve their own thread. Feel free to add your pics.

I'll kick it off with our youngest daughter Haley. She got hooked at a young age when she watched me learn to shoot my bow, and got her own shortly after. A .22 for Christmas claimed a squirrel the next fall, and winning a .50 cal. muzzle loader at a NRA shooter's camp led to a nice doe that next season. After trying for a buck for a few years she finally connected. Big smiles were the theme of the day there! She's been absent in the woods for a couple of seasons due to growing up and getting a job, but still asks for deer jerky and salami when I make it. Wears camo and wants to get a better bow to hunt with in the future. Hopefully she'll get back out there with me soon. I kind of miss her and sharing our Hershey's Special Dark candy bar.

DSCF0072_zps82c3e251.jpg

Haleysdeer002_zps1c58873f.jpg

Haleysbuck.jpg

Looks like your daughter grew into a pretty good hunter. That a nice buck worth holding out for to, I can see why your a proud dad. Thanks for starting this thread.

Son Gareth's first squirrel and my son Timothy's first deer.

Attachments

• Virginia 2014 Winter 055.jpg
    Virginia 2014 Winter 055.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2,321
  • Dwayne and Jenn wedding, Timothy's deer 017 (1).jpg
    Dwayne and Jenn wedding, Timothy's deer 017 (1).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,361
My daughter Krista, with her first buck and her third deer.

Attachments

• hunt talk 8.jpg
    hunt talk 8.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2,260
Great photos and it looks like you have done an awesome job with the kids. Those squirrels look tasty to me!! Congrats

Man that's some massive brain power used to come up with this thread Dave:) Great Idea. I like the squirrel pics the best:) Thanks for sharing guys.

Gee, with all the previous posts about kids I thought there would have been more on here. Maybe when the seasons wrap up things will pick up.

This is my Katie last year with her first deer.

Attachments

• s IMG_0660.jpg
    s IMG_0660.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 2,025
My 7yo, Spencer, with his first deer taken back in September.

Should have another to post, but the cold and excitement got the best of him this weekend. I think I was more disappointed than him that he missed...

Daughter's first turkey

My daughter with her first turkey, not bad for a little .410.

Attachments

• FirstBirdSpring2013.jpg
    FirstBirdSpring2013.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,810
Jake's first deer at 9 years old, 2003

First buck. I know the setting isn't the best, but I think the smile is.

Another small buck.

The bucks getting a little bigger and I got into the picture.

NM 2010

2009 Tx Muley

2009 Wyoming

Jake with two hogs we took at the same time together.

First dove on a youth hunt.

First fish

Another hog

4 horn goat

Sika on a youth exotic hunt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back