Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Our kids, their critters

My daughter's hunting season has gotten off to a slow start... :) My son did some pretty fine shooting with an iron sighted .22 at 80 yards to down this fox.

Attachments

• IMG_6053.JPG
    IMG_6053.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_6120.JPG
    IMG_6120.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 790
  • IMG_6320.JPG
    IMG_6320.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_6151.JPG
    IMG_6151.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_5521.JPG
    IMG_5521.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 829
Last edited:
Very nice! She's really off to a great season. Your boy has some pretty good eyes to kill that fox at 80 yards with open sights! Good job for him as well!

Deer seasons have begun. Anything to add to the list? Our daughter that hunts isn't going again this year. Work and life get in the way sometimes. I'll have to eat that Hershey's Special Dark candy bar all by myself again! ;)

More pics and story to come later, but I got out with both boys this weekend.

Saturday morning my 5yo said I needed to shoot this buck. Even though I pulled the trigger he claims it is "his deer"... :D

That afternoon from the same place, my 8yo shot his second of the year. Technically, his first buck, which he'll let you know, but he got to hang an antlerless tag on it.

Posted on another thread also...13 year old daughter on her first hunt....November 15th

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 613
Below are my daughters big game she's been extremely blessed to put in the freezer.

But before that I thought I'd share this. After talking to someone about her elk hunt I was questioned, by a non hunter, on my abilities of judging the maturity our 12 yr old girl and if she is really ready for killing a "big elk"? It was an honest question and they were not challenging me, but they were interested on what made up the criteria. I summed it up with this progression chart I made them.

progression_sm.jpg

As for her big game success....

Her first javelina, and what started it all -
cid_first_pig.jpg

Her first turkey -
cid_turkey_1.jpg

Thanks to AZ having a multiple bag limit on javelina this was her second pig for the year.
cid_fall_pig.jpg

And just recently her first elk -
cid_elk_1.jpg

So if you're not taking your daughter out hunting.... well my friend.... you are missing out one on life's greatest pleasures.

Looks like she's doing quite well! Wish I could start over just to spend that time with my daughter again.

From a bit over a week ago. Little Brother got to cheer on Big Brother. I hope to flip that script in November...

My son shot his first buck yesterday. He wanted to hunt by himself this time. Saturday he saw a couple deer but nothing he could get a shot on. Sunday morning a dense fog rolled in with about a 50 yard visibility range. Around 9 it cleared off a bit when I spotted a small buck. As I was trying to get my wife set up on this deer, shots start ringing from my son who was a couple hundred yards in the opposite direction ...he was pumped to say the least

Last edited:
Apparently nothing is more boring than waiting for your dad to gut your deer.

15025300_1441211872573128_3549555935120187933_o.jpg

Mudranger, my first buck (first deer EVER) looked pretty close to that one. My father carries a picture of me with it in his wallet. I killed it in 1976!

Rob, isn't the next step to hand over the knife for another lesson?

Good stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back