Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

OregonChris soon to be THE HUNTER FORMALLY KNOW AS OREGONCHRIS

Hope your final destination isn't Bozeman, Chris

Just over 400 miles in
1641415609821.png

And I’m stuck behind a log truck , it’s like I never left home
1641415679155.png

I’m headed to my uncle nicks , to crash for the evening and visit , it’s been a few years . He’s off the grid with cell service, so when I go dark it’s not because something went down. We’ll talk it over and watch the weather report, to see how to proceed to get home to my wife , thanks for all the responses today , I haven’t had time to go through all of them , I will tonight , until tomorrow or when I take the next part of the journey, be blessed everyone

Already owning a Tacoma and coming from a coastal state? 99.99% chance you land in Montana, and probably Bozeman. If your wife owns an Audi, Prius, or Tesla, make it 100% on Bozeman. If it's her Tacoma and you drive a Subaru, then 75% chance you end up in Missoula. And if you stole the Tacoma to get to Montana, than enjoy Billings.

Already owning a Tacoma and coming from a coastal state? 99.99% chance you land in Montana, and probably Bozeman. If your wife owns an Audi, Prius, or Tesla, make it 100% on Bozeman. If it's her Tacoma and you drive a Subaru, then 75% chance you end up in Missoula. And if you stole the Tacoma to get to Montana, than enjoy Billings.
That post made me laugh so hard, thank you so much that was funny as hell, When I bought my taco, I never dreamed I would be living anywhere other than the Oregon coast range and I wanted a small durable four-wheel-drive truck that could get me around on those logging roads that are most of the time a lot of them are dead end one lane with cliffs and super tight turnarounds on logging landings and it was a perfect truck for that never saw this move coming, but this truck I do like it a lot, wife owns a Chevy Malibu.

I was the only Tacoma owner when I moved here and got the constant comments on origins. Had to splain to many mine is made in 'merica,while theirs is elsewheres.
Now every outfitter & half the ranchers have at least one Tacoma.

That post made me laugh so hard, thank you so much that was funny as hell, When I bought my taco, I never dreamed I would be living anywhere other than the Oregon coast range and I wanted a small durable four-wheel-drive truck that could get me around on those logging roads that are most of the time a lot of them are dead end one lane with cliffs and super tight turnarounds on logging landings and it was a perfect truck for that never saw this move coming, but this truck I do like it a lot, wife owns a Chevy Malibu.
Tacoma and a Malibu... Helena or Great Falls if in Montana 🧐

I was the only Tacoma owner when I moved here and got the constant comments on origins. Had to splain to many mine is made in 'merica,while theirs is elsewheres.
Now every outfitter & half the ranchers have at least one Tacoma.
Ram, GM, Toyota and even Mercedes built some US market trucks south of here, Hecho en Mexico.

Uncle nicks outdoor summer kitchen
1641487009455.jpeg

His Mountain Dwelling
1641487097520.jpeg

He built a large Garage that keeps his 38 ft rv in and lives in there , pretty sweet set up
1641487379624.jpeg

Keeping warm
1641487640632.jpeg

Frozen North Idaho whitetails , uncle nicks , get moose and black bears coming through his property as well. He said he’s herd from folks farther up the valley a pack of wolves 🐺 have moved in
1641487667631.jpeg

The only unpleasant part of the trip was I saw a dead body yesterday, when I got to Nicks , he came out and said , we need to run up the road to the neighbors, someone’s in a snowbank and we need to see if they need help or deceased,

I thought at first uncle nick was messing with my head because a few years back a body was dumped in over a snowbank up the road past his place , and it was the big topic of discussion for awhile, so when I roll up and he says we got to go see someone in a snowbank it was BS , NOPE , he was face down in the snow , frozen 🥶, natural causes, my 3rd time seeing a deceased person, 1st time it didn’t rattle me some . We got there 1st because it so far for 1st response to arrive, a neighbor asked us for help upon discovery. She was taken back and wasn’t sure his condition at first.

Enough with the negative news , I’m in town enjoying a great breakfast, be blessed everyone
1641488799615.jpeg

Well Alrighty then....

I musta missed your Turn off of 84. Are ya north of the Palouse? because to me North Idaho's Southern Border is the Clearwater River.

Well Alrighty then....

I musta missed your Turn off of 84. Are ya north of the Palouse? because to me North Idaho's Southern Border is the Clearwater River.
I never really posted the exact travel route to allow people the opportunity to guess and just follow along. I went out of the way to visit uncle nick he’s turning 70 , but I’m not sure when I’ll pass this way again, and spending time with him was more important to me than a quicker drive . I’m North ⬆️

On a side note , my inexperience with real winters , after parking and taking pictures, uncle came out and explained a roof slide , with what’s up there and the expectations for last night today’s snow a roof slide was possible , over a 1000 lbs of snow dropping 12 ft or so would destroy my roof on my truck , it’s the little things us non snow dwellers over look , ha ha ha ha , not afraid to joke about lack of knowledge
1641493466139.jpeg

Back