Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Officially a pit bull hater

Never had a bad encounter with a pit, but I still hate them! I dont trust a dadgum one of them. I dont believe there is any legitimate reason to own one. One common theme is that people like to blame irresponsible owners for pit bulls that attack. Okay, lets ASSUME they are right and the breed is no more dangerous that labs (I can already feel the skepticism...). Explain to me, on the large scale, why pit owners are different than lab or cocker spaniel owners! Lots and lots of irresponsible lab owners that do not result in aggressive dogs. So that argument falls apart and we are back to it is a bad breed.

It took some guts to jump into that fray! More guts than I have I'm a bit sad to say.

I saw a blurb in the Bozeman police reports about a lady's dog that was attacked by a pit bull yesterday but nothing about this. I think you should contact the press since this is an interesting story that more people need to know about. People like this and the whole idea that you can leave unattended and unleashed dogs on the sidewalk of main street need to be exposed. This is a big deal and the person needs to be prosecuted

I'm going to give the gun slingers and knife wielders the benefit of the doubt and assume they didn't read that a brave person protecting his dog was in the middle of the fray in addition to all the people in the downtown area.

I too despise them. I'm convinced that in 9 of 10 instances of ownership the owners are protecting or hiding something.

It took some guts to jump into that fray! More guts than I have I'm a bit sad to say.

I saw a blurb in the Bozeman police reports about a lady's dog that was attacked by a pit bull yesterday but nothing about this. I think you should contact the press since this is an interesting story that more people need to know about. People like this and the whole idea that you can leave unattended and unleashed dogs on the sidewalk of main street need to be exposed. This is a big deal and the person needs to be prosecuted

I'm going to give the gun slingers and knife wielders the benefit of the doubt and assume they didn't read that a brave person protecting his dog was in the middle of the fray in addition to all the people in the downtown area.

No...I read it...but someone who knows how to handle a gun and assess the situation and get a clean safe shot or place the knife in the dog would need to happen. I for one would have gone after the jerks that owned the dogs and held them at gun point for the police to show up. Not sure if that is legal in Montana or not, but I would take the risk. People need to be held accountable. I know this is not the first thing that goes though anyone's head with all the excitement.

Here in MN there is a leash law...as in many other states. If I'm walking and your dog comes up to me not on a leash I nicely ask you if you know about the law....if your dog comes up to me and looks like it's going to bite and does it will get a .40 in the head. Plain and simple. Keep your dog in your yard and on a leash and under control.

off soapbox...

Have you ever tried jogging in a ranching community full of healers/ shepherds?

Don't even get me started about llamas...

No...I read it...but someone who knows how to handle a gun and assess the situation and get a clean safe shot or place the knife in the dog would need to happen. I for one would have gone after the jerks that owned the dogs and held them at gun point for the police to show up. Not sure if that is legal in Montana or not, but I would take the risk. People need to be held accountable. I know this is not the first thing that goes though anyone's head with all the excitement.

Here in MN there is a leash law...as in many other states. If I'm walking and your dog comes up to me not on a leash I nicely ask you if you know about the law....if your dog comes up to me and looks like it's going to bite and does it will get a .40 in the head. Plain and simple. Keep your dog in your yard and on a leash and under control.

off soapbox...
I got no problem with you holding him for the police, but the victim did say he knew the offender. FWIW, my dad has used bear spray twice on dogs that charged out of the owners yard to confront him. It works well, but be sure to save enough for the owner of the dog who seem to think their dogs aren't doing any harm threatening people walking on public roads.

This is a small town and friend or no friend that guy needs some punishment to protect the rest of the public.

Have you ever tried jogging in a ranching community full of healers/ shepherds?

Don't even get me started about llamas...

My last encounter with the neighbor's heeler ended with a double edge ax. The ax was the closest thing I could grab, as I ran around the corner of "My" house to see the heeler attacking my dog in "My" own yard.
I have no use for any breed of dog that shows signs of aggression, nor do I have any use for the owners, that let their dogs run "free range" in a disrespectful manner.

Thanks Randy for stepping up and saving the innocent dogs life, as well as potentially saving the owner from, at the minimum, a bunch of stitches. I am completely convinced that pitts and the like are much more dangerous than grizzlies.

Last fall while out in eastern Montana on my annual antelope/pheasant hunt, my lab was attacked by two ranch dogs. He had been around those dogs for at least a week each fall for several years. Those dogs go crazy anytime someone pulls into the ranch. That day a UPS truck pulled in and in the excitement they ganged up on my dog and tried to kill him. The UPS driver and I were eventually able to beat them off with a broom handle and my feet.

P1020130.jpg

P1020131.jpg

P1020132.jpg

Nice looking yellow lab you got there theat. Looks like he got ripped up pretty bad.

Almost lost my hand to a pitbull on Saturday night to a "friendly Pitbull" at a graduation BBQ. After the situation the said, "He's a good dog, he just doesn't like most guys and can get aggressive sometimes"

Its all in how they are Raised I.M.O.... Too Many "macho" jerks raise them to be mean..

I can't agree with that. Genetics play an awfully large part in how animals act, and pitbulls were bred to attack. There is a reason bird hunters buy labs, spaniels, and pointers but not Welsh Corgies.

The macho jerks certainly don't help though...

I used to see that kind of culture in WV all the time (owning 20 dangerous dogs chained to loose stakes in the front yard) but I guess you don't expect it as much here in Bozeman. Weren't they already breaking the law for not having them on leashes?

I used to see that kind of culture in WV all the time (owning 20 dangerous dogs chained to loose stakes in the front yard) but I guess you don't expect it as much here in Bozeman. Weren't they already breaking the law for not having them on leashes?

Yes and everyone knows if something is illegal, people won't do it!!! (that's why gun control works, ya know :) )

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back