***OFFICIAL*** 2023 SPRING BEAR THREAD

Totally agree. Did you read the whole thread? He took a digger on the bicycle with his rifle. Since that we confirmed the scope was off and that has been fixed.

**Side note, this guy is a retired LEO of 30 years He is also a very experienced hunter.
Yeah, read the thread.

I was packing a deer out years ago in the dark. Took a digger on a steep, icy trail.
Next week tried to shoot a doe with the same rifle and missed by 3'.
Now, if there is ANY doubt I run a few rounds. Lesson learned.
Hope you guys have success.

Totally agree. Did you read the whole thread? He took a digger on the bicycle with his rifle. Since that we confirmed the scope was off and that has been fixed.

**Side note, this guy is a retired LEO of 30 years He is also a very experienced hunter.
I’m hoping the bike wreck and misses were a godsend and next bear will be a great big phucker.

“He was shot,” Fain-Gerber said game wardens told her.
I read that the other day. The fact that she has her living room plastered with the griz pictures she has taken and thinks she just saw that bear the other day makes me definitely believe her story :rolleyes: The video I saw of her discussing it makes me skeptical to take her word on it. Could be wrong though.

I've dealt with it too, as I used to use Vortex, but this is why Rokslide is dropping scopes, and why I use a Nightforce on a pic rail anymore.

Wishing everyone luck! My last morning of turkey season here, wish I could go chase some bears.....

My bush baits are kinda slow. One was hardly touched in a week the other was emptied out. I had high hopes for the one emptied out. Not sure if there was lots of bears there or if the sow and cub found it quick and lived there. That sow walked around the bait the whole time popping her jaws so I don’t think she will let many bears feed especially not smaller ones. I actually shot her BF off her in 2021 and have known of her since 2018 she is one of my regulars. Sat Friday night just saw a sow and cub. Went back Saturday to bait and hunt but overnight all that was in was that sow and cub and a medium black so elected not to hunt. Will go back Wednesday to Rebait and hunt. For some reason there the green uo is delayed. Down the road four miles it’s greening up nicely but hardly anything where I hunt. My farmland bait even tho there is only a couple bears there consistently is super busy. Bears there at almost all time. Including this guy. I’m going to bait and grab the card this morning to study him on the computer. Looks like a big body but small head? Hoping some better angles on the computer will help me judge better. I like to judge over the computer as looking through the rifle scope it’s a brief look then I’m touching the trigger and judging them on the ground lol

IMG_0600.jpeg
IMG_0599.jpeg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back