MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

***OFFICIAL*** 2023 SPRING BEAR THREAD

20230508_055317.jpg
Had a fun encounter today while turkey hunting:

Was chasing a tom and 2 hens at about 8,400 ft here in CO, had just sat down to eat some lunch after finding a shed. Heard some light putting about 75 yds away, but it didn't seem to be moving away so I got set up and lightly called. The putting continued close for about a minute, then moved off. I saw black come out from behind a tree and for a split second thought it was a tail fan...nope. He fed in a half circle around me at 50 yards for about 10 minutes. Very fun to watch.

20230508_123250.jpg
God I wish CO had a spring bear season, this is the 5th bear I've seen this spring, 1st boar.
20230508_125210.jpg

Other hunters killed the chocolate bear last night in the creek bottom while my pals were spiked out. I was ready to ride out there today, but didn't think it was worth it. The other hunters hiked past our pals to continue hunting today. My friends are gonna come shower at our place tomor and probably start their journey home.

Was supposed to leave Saturday for a bear hunt in Alberta with my brother. Outfitter had the majority of their area wiped out by wildfires this week so we'll be postponing that trip until next year unfortunately. Time for plan B I guess...

View attachment 275259
Wildfires are extremely bad in Alberta right now and the Province already asked help from the Military. I just hope Sask hangs in there, things are extremely dry up here too.

I just dumped three beavers here in Ohio hoping the rotting smell will draw a bear in and I can be the first to post a grip and grin. My plan and time to go was April. Too many kids and activities now. Amazing how long I kept them in a cooler using Randy's tips. A few months and only got to be bad smelling a week ago.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back