Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

***OFFICIAL*** 2023 SUMMER BEAR THREAD

BAKPAKR

Every year there's always some premature ejaculated threads that begin to take life in months like January and February that discuss summer bear hunting. While the conversations do have some decent content they're clearly out too early to begin a heavy discussion on actually embarking on the best adventures of the new year. Almost like a giant boar coming out of his den to stretch his legs out or scratch his ass on a giant fir tree. Then realizing he's still got 3 months left of winter before he can really get going.

So, here it is the official story board of the new season. Share your adventures of ups and downs, stories of big bruins presenting themselves to the world. Stories of the Canadians dumping out krispy creams coated in maple syrup and shooting 21 inch bruisers off the pile. Any one with hounds chasing bears through the woods. Rain, snow or sunshine, days that turn into shed adventures. Evenings that turn into all night packouts or beartooth road sows that close the district 3 weeks to early. Let's see them, hear the stories and good luck every one!

Sorry not sorry @BackofBeyond ......😁

Please note, this thread is only for bears taken between Wed, Jun 21, 2023 - Sat, Sep 23, 2023, i.e., summer. If you get a bear during this period, don’t post them up in the thread started by that @EYJONAS! guy! 😀

Hey September is fall bear 😜
Until recently, I, too, thought there was just a spring season and a fall season. @EYJONAS! has opened my eyes to the fact that this type of generalization just can’t be tolerated. I am now going to have to go to another forum and ask what kind of “kit” I need to put together to properly hunt summer bears. This might be expensive.

Every year there's always some premature ejaculated threads that begin to take life in months like January and February that discuss summer bear hunting. While the conversations do have some decent content they're clearly out too early to begin a heavy discussion on actually embarking on the best adventures of the new year. Almost like a giant boar coming out of his den to stretch his legs out or scratch his ass on a giant fir tree. Then realizing he's still got 3 months left of winter before he can really get going.

So, here it is the official story board of the new season. Share your adventures of ups and downs, stories of big bruins presenting themselves to the world. Stories of the Canadians dumping out krispy creams coated in maple syrup and shooting 21 inch bruisers off the pile. Any one with hounds chasing bears through the woods. Rain, snow or sunshine, days that turn into shed adventures. Evenings that turn into all night packouts or beartooth road sows that close the district 3 weeks to early. Let's see them, hear the stories and good luck every one!

Sorry not sorry @BackofBeyond ......😁

Please note, this thread is only for bears taken between Wed, Jun 21, 2023 - Sat, Sep 23, 2023, i.e., summer. If you get a bear during this period, don’t post them up in the thread started by that @EYJONAS! guy! 😀
Next year we'll make sure to do an all inclusive thread that way no one feels left out.🤣

Should probably get some ribbons made too so everyone gets a trophy for playing.

Remi Warren’s podcast Live Wild has had some great information on spring bear in heavy snow years! I think the title of the episode may have even been Snow Bears. Yes, I’m to lazy to look it up right now.

My brother, best-friend and I are Cinco De Mayo Bear Hunting this year. I think I need to design a shirt…

Not sure I can take two OFFICAL Bear threads. But I guess this is summer one so makes it totally different.

Next year we'll make sure to do an all inclusive thread that way no one feels left out.🤣

Should probably get some ribbons made too so everyone gets a trophy for playing.
I am getting a warm and fuzzy feeling already.

What if you shoot it on 6/20, but find it 6/21?
@EYJONAS! and I could do shots. Last man standing gets that bear in his thread.

Of course, if it is big and if you leave it overnight, it is likely that someone else will swoop down and claim it and all you will end up with is a story about a BOAL (bear of a lifetime) that someone took. At least, that is the gist of a couple threads on another forum. Maybe that just happens in Idaho.

Well, it looks like my Idaho summer bear trip became a goat watching trip instead. I was surprised at the lack of snow up high. There was grass everywhere so I didn’t even go looking for a bear.

@EYJONAS!, only four days into summer, and I am going to go ahead and concede to you and your pretty disappointing spring thread. 😀

IMG_9641.jpeg

Well, it looks like my Idaho summer bear trip became a goat watching trip instead. I was surprised at the lack of snow up high. There was grass everywhere so I didn’t even go looking for a bear.

@EYJONAS!, only four days into summer, and I am going to go ahead and concede to you and your pretty disappointing spring thread. 😀

View attachment 281197
Ya, but that country!

View attachment 281197

I hope you have a great summer adventure. I did what I could with the time I was given and commitments I had with kids activities. It didn't transpire the way I hoped with a punched tag, but did manage one great adventure and I'll take that everyday. Can't wait to see what Idaho has to offer for you.

Bumping this up. Fall bear opens tomorrow here in CO! Hopefully I can punch my tag here in the next few weeks and post a summer bear for @EYJONAS!
Any bear taken between now and September 22 still qualifies as a “summer” bear in this thread!

I think I have my daughter talked into trying in mid-September.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back