Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

***OFFICIAL*** 2023 SPRING BEAR THREAD

EYJONAS!

Every year there's always some premature ejaculated threads that begin in to take life in months like January and February that discuss spring bear hunting. While the conversations do have some decent content they're clearly out to early to begin a heavy discussion on actually embarking on the first adventures of the new year. Almost like a giant boar coming out of his den to stretch his legs out or scratch his ass on a giant fir tree. Then realizing he's still got 3 months left of winter before he can really get going.

So, here it is the official story board of the new season. Share your adventures of ups and downs, stories of big bruins presenting themselves to the world. Stories of the Canadians dumping out krispy creams coated in maple syrup and shooting 21 inch bruisers off the pile. Any one with hounds chasing bears through the woods. Rain, snow or sunshine, days that turn into shed adventures. Evenings that turn into all night packouts or beartooth road sows that close the district 3 weeks to early. Let's see them, hear the stories and good luck every one!

Sorry not sorry @BackofBeyond ......😁preview.jpg

Most anyone who has hunted bears a while has had a Sow bear and boo boo whoops -- but anyone who shoots a sow on purpose in a quota unit has to show their spouse the first link @Greenhorn sends them.
Not sure if I ever told you about the time my wife was sitting next to me on the couch and "kurt r" was texting me and let's just say the pictures and videos were not Disney Approved content.

She goes "Holy shit I would've never thought Racicot was into that sort of stuff, that's disgusting!!!!"

I replied no honey different Kurt.

Her: This is the shit you talk about with your friends!?!?

Me No honey this is not, we're not sick ..

her: could've fooled me

At that moment I realized.

1. Every contact needs a last name entered.
2. Don't share Rueds infinite wisdom with the Mrs.
3 be very careful where you open any link that @Greenhorn shares.

Snow has been going good the last few days and it’s raining today I bet 10 days to two weeks I’ll be setting baits

Found a pile of griz poop on todays hike but still havent seen any bears or even tracks. I wasnt terribly far from the park border and it was 70 degrees when i got back to truck at 2pm. Creek i crossed right next to truck was a atleast 6" deeper at return of hike 6ish hours later, green grasses are starting to appear in spots. Bear should be soon!

I’m ready, taking the first weekend in May. Might need to change locations on the fly due to snow level but we will see.

I'm hoping to make this my first year out in MT for bears in the spring. Watching closely and waiting for the right time to go!

Baits are all out. Lots more snow than normal between 48" up to 72" at the baits sites. Made it super easy to set on snow machines, first time in 20 years that we set all baits with snow machines. Snow has been melting fast over the last few days. At one site there were bear tracks in the snow. Had an amazing year last year hoping to have good one this year.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back