***OFFICIAL*** 2023 SPRING BEAR THREAD

Sometimes they just come out rubbed. I have one I think he has a skin condition as he comes out rubbed every year.
You know, I think that mice might pluck the bears hair out while they sleep sometimes. I've seen bears come out almost naked. Watching them, they don't seem to have some sort of skin condition where they would be rubbing all the time. Some parts of the forest are crawling with mice, so I got to thinking they might have a part in why those bears are so bald.

Just a thought.

You know, I think that mice might pluck the bears hair out while they sleep sometimes. I've seen bears come out almost naked. Watching them, they don't seem to have some sort of skin condition where they would be rubbing all the time. Some parts of the forest are crawling with mice, so I got to thinking they might have a part in why those bears are so bald.

Just a thought.
I had a nice one in early may of 2020 that I passed that was all rubbed and it was a late spring so he would have just woke up. He was finally back last spring and same thing all rubbed. Better watch out he has a big head and I don’t need any more bear hides in the house lol

I keep checking this thread for kills expecting things to get rolling but sure seems late this season for obvious reasons. This is the latest in spring i can remember having not yet seeing a griz which i usually start seeing well before blacks start showing themselves. Seen some (not a lot) tracks and poo as previously mentioned but expecting later in the season the better at this rate. Good luck to those of you who are out!

Cancel everything i said yesterday, today i had a run in and got VERY LUCKY to not have a true incident. Its clearly spring now! Seen 5 wolves and found 2 dink deer horns also..lol. Quit early as this SOB literally chased us off mountain. View attachment 273171
That's clearly just a trans black bear. Not sure why you ran, just send it to the hump.

jk i would've been shitting my pants.

That's clearly just a trans black bear. Not sure why you ran, just send it to the hump.

jk i would've been shitting my pants.
Should i post a "sunday pic of the day" of my underware! Lol. This pic was way before he made the morning sporty, i have never seen a griz act this way.

Should i post a "sunday pic of the day" of my underware! Lol. This pic was way before he made the morning sporty, i have never seen a griz act this way.
He just looks pissed in that picture... good call getting outta there. Glad you didn't have to send the warning shot.

Maybe it was the COCAINE BEAR!

Btw.... save those pics.

I am not going to get to actually bear hunt until spring has changed into summer. If successful, is it okay if I post here or do I need to start an “‘OFFICIAL’ 2023 SUMMER BEAR THREAD”?

Got a new thread started for us fair weather summer hunters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back