***OFFICIAL*** 2023 SPRING BEAR THREAD

2.5 hr bicycle ride/hike to the watching spot. Bear showed up right on time at 4:30. I was guiding my buddy from Minnesota. Set up at 345 yards, on the finger ridge across from the bear... the only spot to get a shot at him. He missed. Gorgeous bear. Black and cinnamon with a white patch on his chest and a tan nose. My pal shot his gun 2 days ago out to 600 yards and was ready to go. To say he was bummed is an understatement. It all worked perfect minus gettin him down. Ha. This is hunting. The heat sucked but the moment some cloud cover came he popped out. Now I am drinking and we will try again tomorrow.. probably not here though. 20230502_172639.jpg

2.5 hr bicycle ride/hike to the watching spot. Bear showed up right on time at 4:30. I was guiding my buddy from Minnesota. Set up at 345 yards, on the finger ridge across from the bear... the only spot to get a shot at him. He missed. Gorgeous bear. Black and cinnamon with a white patch on his chest and a tan nose. My pal shot his gun 2 days ago out to 600 yards and was ready to go. To say he was bummed is an understatement. It all worked perfect minus gettin him down. Ha. This is hunting. The heat sucked but the moment some cloud cover came he popped out. Now I am drinking and we will try again tomorrow.. probably not here though. View attachment 274454
We've all been there that's a tough go. Keep at it! I've seen bears come right back out the next night in the same exact spot.

The bear gitters are different IMO. Better bring a backup tomorrow

Still a few feet of snow at 6-7,000ft. if it stays this warm could be starting to get after them. We need a little rain and that would speed things up

First trip out last night I ran into this guy with 2 hours of light left..... made a play and thought it was wierd that in the middle.of nowhere far from the trail I kept running into boot tracks. When I laid down to shoot there was actually ear plugs laying right next to me.... weren't mine. Must have been a good spot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230502_223745_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230502_223745_Gallery.jpg
    857.9 KB · Views: 33
First trip out last night I ran into this guy with 2 hours of light left..... made a play and thought it was wierd that in the middle.of nowhere far from the trail I kept running into boot tracks. When I laid down to shoot there was actually ear plugs laying right next to me.... weren't mine. Must have been a good spot.
Did you get him? @wllm and I are waiting for dead bear photos!

Did you get him? @wllm and I are waiting for dead bear photos!
Windage dial got spun a couple clicks in the pack apparently. Made the 7 mile round trip back this morning to confirm what I already knew..... no bears were harmed in the making of this post. Catch and release bear hunting means I get to keep hunting....

My buddy missed again on the chocolate bear. He took a spill on his bicycle yesterday and we figure the scope must be off. Funny thing is the bear came back out about 35 minutes later. He will shoot his gun tomorrow and get back in the saddle. Gorgeous day again and always fun to watch those silly bears. I also had a blast prying a tick out of my ear and one latched on behind my ear. Shots of the bears through my binos.20230503_180112.jpg20230503_154946.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back