Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Off to knee surgery…

Hammsolo

Well, I’m off to knee surgery again tomorrow. I tore off a 4.4cm2 piece of meniscus in my right knee and it is now stuck in the crook (very sciency term) of my femur. I may also need a new ACL and other tuneups. I REALLY hope not. The last 2 years have been Dominated by surgery, and the degradation of my body.

I dream of getting back to being an athletic middle-aged adventurer with a slightly toned down adrenal gland.

I accept all forms of prayer, energy, thoughts, vibes, placebos, and any woo woo stuff. I hope this morning finds you healthy!

Hang in there Hamm - sending good vibes your way for a speedy recovery!

Well, I’m off to knee surgery again tomorrow. I tore off a 4.4cm2 piece of meniscus in my right knee and it is now stuck in the crook (very sciency term) of my femur. I may also need a new ACL and other tuneups. I REALLY hope not. The last 2 years have been Dominated by surgery, and the degradation of my body.

I dream of getting back to being an athletic middle-aged adventurer with a slightly toned down adrenal gland.

I accept all forms of prayer, energy, thoughts, vibes, placebos, and any woo woo stuff. I hope this morning finds you healthy!

Ugh, I've been putting off another trip to the knee dr. for about 4 years now, good luck man (y)

That's a hefty piece of meniscus, how "bone on bone" does that get you? I've had 5 knee surgeries, 3 on one leg, 2 on the other. Every meniscus repair/remove takes you closer to TKR. Good luck!

Three surgeries in four years here. I feel your pain. Best of luck.
This will be 4 in two years, 3 knee and 1 elbow… I’m supposed to have an elbow clean out this winter too…. Stay strong and keep fighting!

That's a hefty piece of meniscus, how "bone on bone" does that get you? I've had 5 knee surgeries, 3 on one leg, 2 on the other. Every meniscus repair/remove takes you closer to TKR. Good luck!

I will soon find out.

I’m sure a few knee surgeries are in my future. Hope everything with clean up and recovery goes better than expected.

Three knee surgeries here and a shoulder scheduled for carving in late Nov.

I'm pulling for you. If your knees turn out half as well as mine have, you will be good.

Can I recommend that you check out new road bikes (the kind with pedals)?

Wishing you the best! Follow the doc's "advise" and rehab is a great tool. Prayer in for ya.

TKR methodology has advanced quite a bit from my first one a decade ago. Three day stay for the first....27 hours for the second one in December '22.

By the time you need one it will be even more advanced.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back