Not an "On Your Own Adventure"

Primers failed, totally, going to pull them and redo with new primers.I'd be more than must a might POed with the manufacturer and they would be getting those primers back. Including all that I owned that I had left, along with a long letter of explanation. Primer failure is pretty rare, extremely rare actually. That many in a row is unbelievable

I'm wondering if they got wet. My plumber had replaced my water heater and I wonder what took place there. The brass was sitting upright on the bench ready to be loaded. Can't think of anything else.

I would shoot a few more of them but all those that did not fire would go back. If they say water damage, then okay, maybe so. But that is just way too strange. I suppose something happening after priming the cases is the most logical. Not likely that you would pluck out just the bad ones from a box or case. But shoot a few more to see if there are others.

What a great trip and thank you for the pictures and the story.

Well done and congratulations.

maybe I missed it but someone mentioned in the replies that you got both -- a snow leopard and Ibex. I know you told me that the Marco Polo was not in that region of the country and was not hunted.
I was excited that you were able to view a couple of snow leopards, but did not know you hunted them or even that they could be hunted

Either way, what a fantastic trip and I am so glad your wife went with you. I can not even imagine the feeling you had when you pulled the trigger and nothing happen. On hind sight and since you got your Ibex, it did add drama to the hunt as well as to those you are sharing the hunt with, but damn !

Again congratulations and thank you for the very fine recap. Needless to say your exciting hunt and the sharing of it brought back memories and I thank you sir for that as well

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this incredible adventure with us. I used to think if given the opportunity to go on a hunt like this I would turn it down. Reading stuff like this makes me not so sure.

Congrats on your fine adventure, something at least to me that seems way out in left field and not even on my radar. I think everyone should do something like that at least once in their life.

What an epic adventure! Seeing the snow leopards would have been awesome. Great job, great write up. Thanks!

This was as awesome as I'd thought it would be! Congrats on a great hunt and amazing stories/memories to live on forever!

great, great, story and adventure,,,,,

I have always had visions of millions of chukars running in every direction in those areas, I would love to have my bird dogs there,,,,

Robert has outlined our hunt very well. He explained that I had been at sea level for over a month, home for 4 days, then off to Tajikistan. I had altitude sickness right away...never had it before. No stamina, no wind, lower back pain, hip pain, diarrhea, dizziness, head ache, no appetite, sleepy, etc. It was horrible. I was taking pills to help my blood attach more oxygen but our host's home remedy tea was as good as any. After laying around for several days, I finally felt some better and they plowed part of the road. I hiked in with little trouble. I would get dizzy but a short stop to allow more Oxygen to my brain would clear things up for a ways.
We did see some Ibex on the way in. Robert had done a lot of glassing and had noticed a particular Ibex that tended to move lower midday then back up. We found that Ibex

high in the rocks. He was the biggest we could find. He actually moved down far enough that I was able to anchor him with one shot from my trusty 30.06. We'll get more pics posted.
It was in fact, a hunt of a lifetime. These conservation area hunts are valuable from several standpoints. The Rangers keep track of critters, protect them from poaching, and help with the hunts. They have brought the Ibex in these areas back from the brink of disappearing. The villages get about half of the price of the hunt. The terrain is unforgiving as is the altitude. Tough hunt. The cultural experience was great. Service was exceptional under the circumstances.

I did bring a number of leatherman, knives, and other gifts for the village folks. I gave Old Gulbeck a brand new set of binoculars to replace his monocular (busted binocs). Deb planned on hunting with me but got a bit of altitude sickness too and never did. She did act as teacher for the villagers learning English at nite school. She had great fun with the villagers and our host family.
This hunt is a fine life experience but age and physical conditioning is imperative. Give yourself plenty of time to acclimate. Check back for pics soon.
Joe

Grats Pierre! That is one heck of an adventure and grats on your Ibex. Look forward to some close up shots of this animal.

Here's Joes Ibex. Well deserved considering all he went through to get him.
Joe's Ibex.jpg
My two week unshaven face. Wife said I looked like I could be a petifile.
Val and Rob.jpg
Another avalanche.

Attachments

• Chineese truck .jpg
    Chineese truck .jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 55
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member