Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2023/2024 update !!! Norris Road Elk Hunt

One of my best friends knocked somebody out cold who was firing towards him from the road at bear cr. Assclown made mistake of waiting around and was sitting on the tailgate and said as he was approaching, “those ek weren’t anywhere close to you” .. lights out, dumbphuck.

Can’t imagine getting up early during hunting season, pouring a nice cup of coffee, and planning to go drive along the Madison roads in hopes of shooting an elk. No thank you.
Damn! So much for those basic hunter safety tenants that should never be broken. A guy with a couple of horses in Taylor Fork last year that I talked with said he had rounds landing 5-10 yards from him. He was the first on the elk that morning, put a bull down, only to have some jerk come out of the creek bottom and claim his elk.

a taxidermist who wants to make a name? uh........nobody wants to be connected to that sir. You broke the horns off the inside.

Probably a spot for a different thread, but I just got off the NER where I saw a way crazy disheartening scenario. Not sad to say, I filled my tag there, but I didn’t do it from the firing line. Actually got out down the drainage and had a herd to myself. Was able to make a great calculated shot on a mature cow that I could look over for a while before firing. However, what I saw on the firing line would make a stomach turn. Dumbasses everywhere.

Probably 180 - 225 yards. Tried to get as close as possible

Last edited:
Wonder if the taxidermist they don’t want to pay full price for can preserve the facial expression?
Broken shoulder, one in the neck, and one to the noggin'...eyes only bug out like that for one reason.

I bet the shoot-out was a sight.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back