2023/2024 update !!! Norris Road Elk Hunt

Never been there, but a friend told me this is a hotspot because you glass the wheatfields, and see across Norris Road to the other stuff that borders the Ted Turner's Flying D Ranch.

View attachment 303560
And we're officially into the off season :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:. Maybe someone can go up there and shoot a stubble field bull in some muck boots with the old traditions muzzleloader. That would put the cherry on top for this thread.

The regulations only specify a plain lead projectile, so I’m working on developing a bullet mold based on a .50 caliber 645 grain Berger VLD. Should be a BC over .6.
My Kentucky rifle is a 1:66 twist, you think that'll be stable past 1000? Really wish they'd have gone with a faster twist rate back in the 1700s, it's like they were only planning to shoot 100 yards

Between Sportsmans Warehouse and Murdochs there's several tons of 50 cal roundballs in Bozeman. Let it rain roundballs.

Let it rain roundballs.
That's What She Said GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

I wonder if it is the same Dehan that denied me permission to cross a half section near my house to get to ground I had permission to hunt.
My crossing that 1/2 section in the dark would " disrupt the elk" for the other (UTV) hunters.😆Even better was the follow up comment stating " I wish all them elk were gone".
Go figure.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back