PEAX Equipment

Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have been in full support of the bill had I seen it turning out this way. What a loss for the wildlife, anybody care about that or just getting a tag?

Hmmm, where's my tag then? I'm a diy hunter. Applied this year and didn't get drawn. First time not drawing in a few years. Used to be a resident for 8 years but now NR. So if you're rich and can afford an outfitter you get a tag, but the normal blue collar guy can't. What a bunch of BS!

With Montana’s season structure it’s very selfish to expect to get a tag every year. I apply for a lot of states and rarely or never have hunted them. Now we have put more stress on the resource that can’t withstand the pressure. If the seasons or equipment were tweaked it would be more realistic to expect that.

We may have just saw who over played their cards. At the expense of the resource.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of outfitters cracking champagne, booking vacations and buying up new leases right about now. Mac deserves a raise.

MOGA did serious damage to their legislative reputation this session & they didn't get what they were after. This is a consolation prize that has serious political ramifications for those who supported it.

The preference point issue will get fixed as soon as it's clear what it's doing to draw odds as FWP will freak out over lost revenue, etc.

Ultimately, outfitters hijacked the entire NR Draw, and once this is more widely known the fallout will be significant. More so if we continue to beat the drum until 2024.

With Montana’s season structure it’s very selfish to expect to get a tag every year. I apply for a lot of states and rarely or never have hunted them. Now we have put more stress on the resource that can’t withstand the pressure. If the seasons or equipment were tweaked it would be more realistic to expect that.
Yes but you are a peasant like the rest of us, not royalty. The royals make life enjoyable for us so they get special treatment.

This is some seriously unbelievable politics but at least we don't have to listen to any more outfitters tell us how much they care about the resource. They just proved that the only thing they care about is $$.

Oh I almost forgot this was going to help resident hunters too. Certainly more licenses will help the crowds.

What a joke. But hey, at least @Eric Albus wont have to make his guys wait out for a year, because it’s important. They want a tag every year. And #*^@#* all of us common folks who want to go back to hunt with family and friends. We don’t deserve the same priority. Even though, in 11 years of working and living there my wife and i contributed FAR more to the economy than most outfitted hunters ever will. #*^@#* the common guy, right Eric and Rod?
D9447325-AA93-42BB-9A12-6B0F0B1574AD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back