Yeti GOBOX Collection

Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a NR, I'm dying to know what state your referring to that provides consistent licensure for NR hunters. Probably the same state that provides a generous 11 month season with unlimited OTC tags for chupacabra.
One group of potential clients that was considering booking a trophy mule deer hunt with me opted out the last couple days of March, siting they'd "rather go and buy landowner tags in NM, this way we know for sure we will all go together". I may not be remembering the state correct, but they were going to opt for landowner tags as Montana license is a lottery, and a poor odds one this year.

Got me...should have been more specific...I'm talking about good elk rifle tags...and Idaho was not...there was/is a cap on NR elk hunters in ID so its never a sure thing. I'm not going to count the mad house that is OTC 2nd and 3rd season CO. I'm talking about consistent licensure for the quality of elk tag the Montana represents...it does not exist anywhere for NRs.
There is a special private land only draw for deer in CO unit 44 forth season. Chances are good that those hunters are going with and outfitter. Utah sells a truck load of conservation tags, I bet most of those hunters are using an outfitter. CO and NM and likely other states I don't know about have landowner tags. I was no fan of the 5500 OSL, but I would rather have the OSL than what other states have done.

One group of potential clients that was considering booking a trophy mule deer hunt with me opted out the last couple days of March, siting they'd "rather go and buy landowner tags in NM, this way we know for sure we will all go together". I may not be remembering the state correct, but they were going to opt for landowner tags as Montana license is a lottery, and a poor odds one this year.
Which is exactly as it should be. There aren’t, and shouldn’t be, “guarantees” for any NR. If a potential client doesn’t draw a tag, there’s another who does. It’s your job as a business owner to make your service compelling enough for that lucky person who drew the tag to want to purchase your service as well. If the government has to force them your way, then there’s something wrong with your service - not “the system” - and you are not providing adequate value for the cost. It’s really that simple, regardless of how much you want to deflect onto a myriad of other issues and excuses.

I'd be very curious to know how much they were willing to pay for guaranteed tags across an entire party.

Which is exactly as it should be. There aren’t, and shouldn’t be, “guarantees” for any NR. If a potential client doesn’t draw a tag, there’s another who does. It’s your job as a business owner to make your service compelling enough for that lucky person who drew the tag to want to purchase your service as well. If the government has to force them your way, then there’s something wrong with your service - not “the system” - and you are not providing adequate value for the cost. It’s really that simple, regardless of how much you want to deflect onto a myriad of other issues and excuses.

Small business owner 101 right here.

How are 3000 more tags going to help anything in Region 6 and elsewhere with over hunting and overcrowded public land?

You aren't serious about fixing anything but the amount of cash in your wallet, lets get that straight.
The 3k extra tags are not all going to wind up in reg
I'd be very curious to know how much they were willing to pay for guaranteed tags across an entire party.
me too

The 3k extra tags are not all going to wind up in reg

me too
Day in and day out with all your comments, you bring to light that your only care is your bottom line. Fairness, wildlife management, and overall stewardship, play nothing into your train of thought. I’m over this thread, because of you. YOU AND MOGA, effectively made MT a flyover state on my way to WY and CO. Too bad for the restaurants and hotels and bars and all their employees that I tried hard to take care of. I’m so sick of the selfishness in this world. It’s sickening.

Day in and day out with all your comments, you bring to light that your only care is your bottom line. Fairness, wildlife management, and overall stewardship, play nothing into your train of thought. I’m over this thread, because of you. YOU AND MOGA, effectively made MT a flyover state on my way to WY and CO. Too bad for the restaurants and hotels and bars and all their employees that I tried hard to take care of. I’m so sick of the selfishness in this world. It’s sickening.
See ya. mtmuley

I’ll be on my way to Missoula for the end of bear season. Lots of you have spoke of an initiative to repeal this. Anyone interested, feel free to DM me. I’ll be talking to an attorney I have working on some Supreme Court stuff and would be interested in securing billboards all the way in from the west to bring to light the bullshit Bill these leaches just snuck through on us. I’m so over this shit. Let’s find common ground they say, but only if that common ground fills Albus and Big Shooters pockets. What a $*)Q!#@$ joke.

Nobody was forced to go with me during the days of OSL. In fact the number of outfitters who went broke during the tenure of OSL tells the tale.
If I read your post correctly, you believe that I need to find a price point where the guy who accidentally drew license will come hunt? Most ppl who enter draw on their own are planning to hunt on their own and are happy to hunt “our state/region” and shoot a fork horn mulie and leave.....leaving nothing in our community except a gut pile.

Nobody was forced to go with me during the days of OSL. In fact the number of outfitters who went broke during the tenure of OSL tells the tale.
If I read your post correctly, you believe that I need to find a price point where the guy who accidentally drew license will come hunt? Most ppl who enter draw on their own are planning to hunt on their own and are happy to hunt “our state/region” and shoot a fork horn mulie and leave.....leaving nothing in our community except a gut pile.
Cry me a River. Nobody is forced to utilize my business either. And those that don’t. Well then. That’s where marketing comes in. A truly successful business owner learns to market their own product. They don’t beg steal and insist that the government make sure they have clients. Have some self respect already. For crying out loud.

Really? Have read anything I’ve posted? I hope Mt is a “flyover” for you. Hide behind an anonymous moniker and cast disparities and stones.

Cry me a River. Nobody is forced to utilize my business either. And those that don’t. Well then. That’s where marketing comes in. A truly successful business owner learns to market their own product. They don’t beg steal and insist that the government make sure they have clients. Have some self respect already. For crying out loud.
The govt did not grant me
Clientele, I had to go find them. When I was younger I did sportsman shows from NC to Ut. We have a service that thousands of sportsmen have used over last 30 years. I have more ppl wanting to hunt with me than I can take, or the resource can handle, so I turn them to my friends .
No other business has to rely on a lottery for clientele, if you really own a business you’d understand My guess is you really don’t. The other “men” on Here who do make coherent arguments, but they Do Not Rely on lottery to contract houses or sell their wares. I do, and concede that licensure for outfitted clients may not be fair, but outfitter clients bring in 5-8x’s more money than diy guys. The other great thing as a public land RESIDENT hunter, I don’t have to see the &-8500 NR hunters who use an outfitter in my favorite spot.

The govt did not grant me
Clientele, I had to go find them. When I was younger I did sportsman shows from NC to Ut. We have a service that thousands of sportsmen have used over last 30 years. I have more ppl wanting to hunt with me than I can take, or the resource can handle, so I turn them to my friends .
No other business has to rely on a lottery for clientele, if you really own a business you’d understand My guess is you really don’t. The other “men” on Here who do make coherent arguments, but they Do Not Rely on lottery to contract houses or sell their wares. I do, and concede that licensure for outfitted clients may not be fair, but outfitter clients bring in 5-8x’s more money than diy guys. The other great thing as a public land RESIDENT hunter, I don’t have to see the &-8500 NR hunters who use an outfitter in my favorite spot.
If you had more business than you could handle, then this wouldn’t be an issue. Quit talking out both sides of your mouth. Why is this even an issue if you outfitters already have too much business?

And I do by the way. I own a log trucking business in North Central Washington and I guarantee you, I don’t need to run to the governor and legislature to find my clientele. And I also work along side the Indian reservation so competition is rough if you don’t have all your papers. I just provide an excellent, efficient, legal and affordable service and that’s how people decide to utilize my services

If you had more business than you could handle, then this wouldn’t be an issue. Quit talking out both sides of your mouth. Why is this even an issue if you outfitters already have too much business?
You are apparently a special kind of mad and/or stupid. No business can run on a draw. Imagine if the business you claim to run had to rely on clients/retail outlets drawing a lottery number to buy YOUR logs. Think about it, you find an entity (you understand what this is?) willing to buy your logs, but first they must enter a
Draw to buy said logs. If they don’t draw your number, You Do Not get to sell Your Logs

You are apparently a special kind of mad and/or stupid. No business can run on a draw. Imagine if the business you claim to run had to rely on clients/retail outlets drawing a lottery number to buy YOUR logs. Think about it, you find an entity (you understand what this is?) willing to buy your logs, but first they must enter a
Draw to buy said logs. If they don’t draw your number, You Do Not get to sell Your Logs
Do Wyoming outfitters run on a draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back