PEAX Equipment

No atheists in foxholes apparently

Good on your daughter.

I posted this in another thread, but a friend is a surgeon at of the largest HMOs in the area. They are struggling for cash due to lack of services provided as they clear out for Covid, so they have asked front line employees to take a pay cut and volunteer time. Increase exposure AND less/no pay.

For those few who sent me PMs accusing me of making up this story to curry favor/sympathies on Hunttalk, you have showed your true stripes. This is an extremely stressful situation for people I love and I don't care if your political/conspiracy blinders don't allow you to hear the experiences of others. Your selfishness is self evident and feel free to not waste your time PMing such outrageous BS.

I’m trying to wrap my head around this. If you’re going to make an accusation like this, have the courage to do it in open forum where everyone can see it for what it is.

VG, God bless your daughter.

The good news is that last night they switched around schedules and those two were not in the ward, and were replaced by professionals who were there to do their jobs.

For those few who sent me PMs accusing me of making up this story to curry favor/sympathies on Hunttalk, you have showed your true stripes. This is an extremely stressful situation for people I love and I don't care if your political/conspiracy blinders don't allow you to hear the experiences of others. Your selfishness is self evident and feel free to not waste your time PMing such outrageous BS.

Disagreement about numbers, projections, models, government responses are fair game in my book, but even if I disagree with someone on those facts and opinion, I have empathy for their personal situation. If you are furloughed, if your business is at risk, if your retirement funds are falling, if you have loved ones isolated or ill, if you have family working as a first responder or in a hospital, your personal story is your truth and we should all be able to understand and care about those realities.
We may have plenty of disagreements over policies, but geez man, I would have never guessed people would call you a liar on something as serious as this. Sorry you got to see just how low the bottom of the barrel is around here. Hope you daughter stays healthy.

I’d like to write out a long eloquent response to your thread but It’s just not me.
Congrats on raising a daughter that’s got a backbone and does the right thing when apparently it’s pretty easy not to.I hope I can raise my girls that way. I hope her and others like her get through this thing unscathed and healthy.
Honestly It doesn’t surprise me people are humping your leg. If anything this whole deal has showed people’s real colors. Of all the stories I’ve read on here that I thought were embellished or bullshit this wasn’t one of them. I wish I didn’t believe mtgomer and jryoungs posts but I do, and that’s a real bummer.
Again good luck to your daughter and others like her.
Zach

I’m trying to wrap my head around this. If you’re going to make an accusation like this, have the courage to do it in open forum where everyone can see it for what it is.

VG, God bless your daughter.

Wont happen, guys that post that kind of thing are real tuffies...right up until they taste their own blood when they get punched in the mouth...

Don’t take the PPE and union protection for granted. On one hand, the union will keep the shitbags from getting fired, but I bet the union doesn’t tolerate the types of things going on in non union hospitals with PPE right now. My wife, a non union NICU RN, is prohibited from wearing a mask, even if she supplies her own (which she has, because the decent company that I work for donated them), because they are ‘unnecessary’ and alarm and frighten parents.

My sister in law is temporarily living with my wife and I, waiting for her new house to close and just started a new job in the ICU at one of Arizona’s largest hospitals.
On her first shifts they put her with COVID patients, but are unable to provide the appropriate PPE because they don’t have enough.
We all got symptoms over the weekend and got tested.

To my absolute amazement, they told her that she would have to continue reporting to work until she received a confirmed positive test. Now, that could make a little sense if COVID patients were their only patients but they also take care of non COVID patients.
It’s horrifying to hear how wreckless the hospital is with other patient’s safety.
Sending nurses who were just exposed to COVID, without adequate PPE, in to rooms to care for deathly ill, non covid patients.
To the vast majority of us that are young and healthy coronavirus really is ‘just the flu’ if we get it. To people already in the ICU for terrible illnesses it’s pretty much a sure death sentence.
The hospital administration is going to kill people.
Been hearing some horror stories about admin as well. The masks scare people is just plain stupid.
Old story; those who can, do! Those who can’t do administrate.

My wife, a non union NICU RN, is prohibited from wearing a mask, even if she supplies her own (which she has, because the decent company that I work for donated them), because they are ‘unnecessary’ and alarm and frighten parents.

A pretty much identical story played out with someone I know. This individual, who is an RN, was told that masks would, "scare visitors". Rumor has it a discussion on whether or not the press would be interested in this was had. Everyone is wearing masks now, whether it be better info on the virus, or something else.

Don’t take the PPE and union protection for granted. On one hand, the union will keep the shitbags from getting fired, but I bet the union doesn’t tolerate the types of things going on in non union hospitals with PPE right now. My wife, a non union NICU RN, is prohibited from wearing a mask, even if she supplies her own (which she has, because the decent company that I work for donated them), because they are ‘unnecessary’ and alarm and frighten parents.

This is the same thing my Mom told me was happening at her hospital. Masks were banned...too scary to patients. The administrators actually came and removed all masks from the floors. Unreal. Only now that masks in public is a recommendation are they allowed to use them. One per day.

This is the same thing my Mom told me was happening at her hospital. Masks were banned...too scary to patients. The administrators actually came and removed all masks from the floors. Unreal. Only now that masks in public is a recommendation are they allowed to use them. One per day.

Exact same story at a major Portland hospital.

What is the legality of preventing health care workers from wearing masks? Seems like blank check should they end up getting sick.

What is the legality of preventing health care workers from wearing masks? Seems like blank check should they end up getting sick.
Lots of moving parts there, OSHA rules, union contracts, "reasonable precautions in light of the circumstances", but in any event, absent some government immunity there will undoubtably be claims and some will certainly pay out. I think I heard that there was some talk in the second bailout about creating some type of employer safe harbor if the circumstances of the emergency required the action. But I have no idea the specifics or if it actually ended up in the final bill.

Pence now says grocery has a DUTY to go to work. I've been wondering if the national guard would be manning the supply chain or holding guns on those that are, I think the decision may have been made.

Lots of moving parts there, OSHA rules, union contracts, "reasonable precautions in light of the circumstances", but in any event, absent some government immunity there will undoubtably be claims and some will certainly pay out. I think I heard that there was some talk in the second bailout about creating some type of employer safe harbor if the circumstances of the emergency required the action. But I have no idea the specifics or if it actually ended up in the final bill.
There is zero reason, especially perceived fear, why a person should not be allowed to guard their own personal health.

Yeah if you wanna work in a hospital right now, you better do your job.

There is zero reason, especially perceived fear, why a person should not be allowed to guard their own personal health.
I agree with you. Frankly, 70% of work dress and appearance codes are BS in the first place (certainly some are health/safety driven). I was just trying to answer what seemed like the legal angle of the question.

I'm curious on why these people were called atheists? Cowards maybe I'm not arguing your anger towards them but I fail to see where religion (or lack there of) has anything to do with anything in this matter.

I'm curious on why these people were called atheists? Cowards maybe I'm not arguing your anger towards them but I fail to see where religion (or lack there of) has anything to do with anything in this matter.

It’s a well known war-time expression, being used as a metaphor. He wasn’t commenting on their religion.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back