NM Elk Bottom Feeder

That 51 gets traction every year on HT. Plenty of access points and somewhat maintained FS roads, yet there’s always a guy who asks.
It’s one of my favorite places. I’m going to head out there next weekend for a few days to camp and see if some antlers are on the ground.
Also look for turkeys so I’m ready for that.
 
I won't tell you where to pick but.....you need to go where nobody else wants to go. I've drawn NM 4 times in 6 years. Mule deer mostly. I got sick one year and didn't go. I even kept the tags to frame them, haha. Muzzy and Archery are your best bets. Everyone has a rifle. Harder hunts, better country, and you suffer but it's fun. Like every piece of advice says....get away from the roads and go further in than just a mile or two. You'll need to be in decent shape though, so there's that. I'm 51 this year and I got a muzzle loader tag for Mulies in 22 this year. Looking at some rugged territory so I slowed/stopped drinking the last three months and working on the knee strength. Nobody will help you, you have to do the research yourself and just get out there to discover the state.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,115
Messages
2,250,242
Members
39,096
Latest member
Zmt406
Back
Top