It’s not just corner hopping…

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anybody suggest that. I like to be a nonresident in other states but with the harvest stats in region 6 and 7 I thinking some tweaking is warranted.
I have. But, it’s irrelevant. We’ve had plenty of discussion about resident hunters footing the entire bill and not having to deal with NR hunters.

Whatever. Same stuff, different day.
 
It’s always time🤘😉
I heard it’s stuck in accounting.
Interesting - i wish you luck at home dealing with the same issue. I get the sense thats where your spite comes from - you have the same thing at home except worse.


 
Last edited:
Who could press charges? You could get a fine for breaking BMA rules, but it wouldn't be a trespass?

I had a warden explain it to me that when you access a BMA and violate the BMA rules you are considered to be violating the terms of permission to access the property and will be prosecuted for trespassing.

This was when I asked him specifically about BMA’s that have property prohibitions against shooting game animals that are in season by FWP rule but the landowner prohibits take on his property (I.e, “no upland bird hunting, or no waterfowl, or no mule deer hunting) that are in the BMA rules.

He explained you would not be cited for taking game out of season because the FWP season was open.

Something else to keep in mind is that this year nearly all BMA’s are registered so that a conviction for violating FWP rules or law or terms of BMA permission carries a 1 year ban for accessing all registered BMA’s for a first conviction, a three year ban for a second conviction and a lifetime ban for a third conviction. Previously violations and bans were limited to being forbidden to access the BMA on which the violations occurred.

I would expect failure to sign in before hunting to be something that will be prosecuted more diligently in the future.
 
@MTGomer you know of a way to see when these corners might have last been surveyed?

If pins are there this would be a good one, as alluded to earlier.
Email the county recorder and ask for any certificates of survey, or corner records for those sections. If nothing, you can get the GLO survey notes for the township from the BLM office in Billings.

I would assume that it has been surveyed. Either the state would’ve had a survey, or it would’ve surveyed after a private transaction at some point would be my guess.
 
Interesting - i wish you luck at home dealing with the same issue. I get the sense thats where your spite comes from - you have the same thing at home except worse.


I'm interested how you define worse.....or if you actually read the article.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,115
Messages
2,250,247
Members
39,096
Latest member
Zmt406
Back
Top