Muley Buck Age

Wow I'm shocked he was that old.

With his deep middle I figured he had a little age. His face didn't seem that old though. I was in the 5.5 year camp. Like everyone else I suck at it though.

Still can't believe he was 10 years old.
 
IMG_7592.jpegWow my guess was 6-8yo, but if that boy was 10, this buck would have been older than him I bet! He was past his prime, hung out with the young bucks on my cam. Blind in the left eye from fighting. Hips show regression. Antlers had great mass but were noticeably smaller. I have no doubt he died in the winter of old age after surviving for so long.
 
We had 2 9yo bucks last season. 1 looked old, teeth badly worn, we thought he might be 10.

The other looked and acted old, but from the teeth we were thinking around 5.

They came from within 50 miles of each other.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DFS

Forum statistics

Threads
120,115
Messages
2,250,246
Members
39,096
Latest member
Zmt406
Back
Top