Caribou Gear Tarp

NM Draws

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my wife spent most of the day trying to get into the NM website. She finally succeeded. Good wife. She did this on my behalf while I was out walleye fishing to prepare for the walleye tournament this weekend (in her new boat).

I have another antelope tag, New Mexico, to go with my NV and UT tags (and probably MT tag). I applied as a party with my son, so he has NM also, which goes just fine with his NV and MT antelope.

Only thing left is our Red Desert antelope apps for WY. I would love that, but that would be greedy. Hell with it, I will be greedy and wish for that also.

But the big news is his elk draw. For those of you with kids, NM has some early rifle and muzzy either sex elk hunts on their best units.

Lucky boy drew one of the few 16C early rifle elk tags in the Gila National Forest. The hunt is 10/6-10/10. Should still be some rutting activity at that time.

Have I ever told you guys how lucky this kid is? Must come from the misfortune of having me as his father.

Hope you all got the tags you wanted!

Congrats Big Fin! I'm jealous! Looks like the Idaho hunt may be out now with all the other hunting you'll have going on.

Wow that is a goat year ahead of you.

Bigfin/Goatboy...............remember the 80's? aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, aaaaaahhhhhh

That NM web site is the biggest POS on the net.

Nothing for me. WY is my last chance for getting anything other than OTC tags.

Congrats Big Fin! Definitely looks like you'll be chasing some goats this year!

The only "New Mexico" I get this year is the immigration bill if it passes but i hope that wont draw out either

Congrats Big Fin!

My son also drew one of the junior either sex early rifle tags. His hunt is from 9/29-10/3 (unit 34). :D :D I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME TO TELL HIM TONIGHT!!!

We've never been hunting in New Mexico, so I suppose some of our summer camping will be done in the area. ;)

Good luck to your son!

S.

:)

Mr. Fin, you and your family have done well in the draws this year. Hope we hear some good hunting stories later in the year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back