New Mexico Youth Elk Draw

Kiwi

I'm finalizing my 2024 elk draw applications for my son. Planning to apply in a number of states including the youth draw in New Mexico. Seems like some great opportunities in NM and the dates work with his high school vacation dates. I see New Mexico has a youth guided draw, with better odds than the standard youth draw. I'd prefer to hunt DIY with my son to keep the costs down, but also keen to make the most of the youth draw as its the last year he will be eligible.

If anyone has recent experience hiring a guide for the NM youth guided draw it would be great to hear from you via PM.
Interested to know if it all worked out, if you have a guide you recommend and the cost (I've seen some outfitters offering cheaper 2 day options). Thanks.

Let’s keep it open to the form because I would like to hear about it too rather than a PM if possible.

2nd year in a row my kid got skunked hope for the next year again ... sigh

My son didn’t draw either. Would have been nice to hunt the youth season.

keep in mind youth don't have to apply for youth tags...sometimes there are better odds outside of the youth hunts

There are great cow tags available online during the summer if your kids get skunked. the Youth Encouragement tags. Onsale mid summer.

There are great cow tags available online during the summer if your kids get skunked. the Youth Encouragement tags. Onsale mid summer.
None for Nonresident to my knowledge...

I do wish they would allocate some cow-only tags for nr youth just for some more opportunity, most nr's are bull hunting on an es tag anyway.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back