Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Unlimited Bighorn unit in Montana?

I wonder if it snowed down there last night. We got a lot of moisture to the north in Missoula and our highest mountains are white. Could make finding that sheep difficult...

I found the thread on bowsite. Feel for the guy but to his credit he ain't giving up. If I had the time I'd drive over there and help him out. Bad stuff happens but he deserves this ram. Kinda interesting some of the attention by others this hunt generated too. mtmuley

That story is a gut wrencher, sure pulling for him

My thought is if it's a good enough lung hit the ram can't go uphill, he's not going to survive. I sure hope he gets him.

Here's a question... what's the statute of limitations on keeping a dead head in MT? If he finds it next week can he keep it?

Here's a question... what's the statute of limitations on keeping a dead head in MT? If he finds it next week can he keep it?

Interesting question. I would assume that if the season was still open he could put his tag on it, but I would certainly check first.

Doubt he would have a problem proving he stuck an arrow in it. I know the dead head thing wouldn't stop me from tagging it when I finally caught up. Regardless of time passed. mtmuley

That story is a gut wrencher, sure pulling for him

Man, I agree with that. I've had that happen on deer, but I can't imagine the feeling on a sheep hunt like that.

I've enjoyed reading his write-ups and being able to live vicariously through him on his hunt. I hope he's able to track him down - he's earned it.

Last edited:
What a train wreck over on bow site . The thread is going the way of the hunt.

What a train wreck over on bow site . The thread is going the way of the hunt.

No joke. Interesting read though.

Sounds like that zoo came out about like I expected. Lord knows what rifle season will bring...

Sounds like the guy finally headed home. Hope that huntfarther dude isn't a member here.mtmuley

I wasn't trying to hijack the thread but when a poacher jumps in trying to throw his weight around, might as well throw his azz under the bus.

What a wild story. I remember my brother in law telling me a guy stuck one of the sheep in the tendoys, and he hadn't found it yet. I was pulling for him, and I still am. Its crazy how a great story like that guys on the bowsite forum can just get screwed by someone who is a "born-again" and saw the light after he got his ass put in the ringer! Never the less that guy worked his ass off for the sheep and it just didn't work out. It will live with him forever. Maybe someone else will come across it and somehow he will end up with it you never know.

I got a kick outa huntfarther preaching after being convicted of such a gross abuse of game laws. Yea maybe he's reformed, but from his posts I doubt it

I got a kick outa huntfarther preaching after being convicted of such a gross abuse of game laws. Yea maybe he's reformed, but from his posts I doubt it

Wouldn't appear that way, would it?

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back