Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New Mounts are Done!!

Those are both great...did you do detach horns on the bull. I am glad I did that on my bull...although he is still not in my house..had to use a local sporting good store.

Those are both great...did you do detach horns on the bull. I am glad I did that on my bull...although he is still not in my house..had to use a local sporting good store.

Ya. I did get both antlers detachable. I would highly recommend it as it makes life easier moving them around!!

Good looking critters Buschy!

I would love to mess around with doing my own taxidermy work, how did you get into it?

Nice job. I hear ya on the elk, I have a bull in the rafters of the barn I'd love to get mounted...Just no place to hang the big lummox.

I would say nice job, but i can see many amateur errors. After being a taxidermist for over 47 years i've developed a keen eye for improperly mounted elk! GROW a pair and learn how to make your bull elk look like a bull elk not a cow with antlers! Come on really, don't compliment this guy on his work. He'll just keep making crappy mounts!

I would say nice job, but i can see many amateur errors. After being a taxidermist for over 47 years i've developed a keen eye for improperly mounted elk! GROW a pair and learn how to make your bull elk look like a bull elk not a cow with antlers! Come on really, don't compliment this guy on his work. He'll just keep making crappy mounts!

You don't look old enough to have been a taxi for 47 years. Do you even have hair on your peaches yet? Careful or Buschy will put you over his knee and spank you.

I am also now convinced anyone can shoot a 6pt bull in Montana.

Attachments

• elk.JPG
    elk.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 152

I read your post yesterday and just assumed you're giving me a bad time. I have thick skin and it takes a bunch to ruffle my feathers. I didn't mount the elk. It was done by Nevada Miller in Bismarck. He does taxidermy for a living and has a solid reputation for quality.

I am an amatuer taxidermist myself. With 47 years of experience, you should post up some pics of your work. This would help some of us just learning the trade. Feel free to post up some taxidermy tips as well.

I am also now convinced anyone can shoot a 6pt bull in Montana.[/QUOTE said:
If I draw the special permit I applied for in the Breaks with Grizzley, I will try to validate that theory. I am getting antsy for the draw results!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back