New Mounts are Done!!

Buschy, As always you have outdone yourself. Both animals are Studs! You have done a great job with the Muley and the Elk is a once in a Life time for most hunters. As a matter of fact the Elk is just like the one that runs through my dreams.......being ridden by a Chesty Nude Blonde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Congrats, John

Both are great animals and great looking mounts Buschy! And yep, those elk mounts absorb a lot of air space in a room!

Good stuff, Buschy. I would have guessed that buck to gross higher. Incredible eyeguards.

Elk do take up a lot of room. Having an average one mounted convinced me that I'll never have a moose done!

Nice animals...+1 on all that's been said.
That buck also looks bigger than that to me though 170 n change is no slouch!

Great looking animals. Just out of curiosity, how many years did you apply in AZ to pull your tag?

Crap those are brusiers~!

HTML:
 DRAFTSTUD Buschy, As always you have outdone yourself. Both animals are Studs! You have done a great job with the Muley and the Elk is a once in a Life time for most hunters. As a matter of fact the Elk is just like the one that runs through my dreams.......being ridden by a Chesty Nude Blonde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Congrats, John

Draftstud...Buschy said he had three mounts but only posted pictures of two? I wonder if he has pictures of the Chesty Nude Blonde mount? If you do post them up...and not the ones from Dinks backyard!

Great looking animals. Just out of curiosity, how many years did you apply in AZ to pull your tag?

vdo84,

It took ten years to draw the tag I wanted. I had 12 points (10 bonus points, 1 loyalty point, and 1 hunter education point). It was worth every bit of it. The hunt was more than I could have hoped for. I just sent my application off to AZ this week. I will have four pounts already going into next years draw. I will be back again soon!

Buschy, wow, 10 years. That's quite a long time. You definitely made the most of your tag though which is awesome. I'm fairly new to the game of applying in 18 different states in an attempt to get a tag somewhere. I just sent in my first application to AZ. Sometime in the next 5 years ill go down there to get the hunter ed point. Do you apply for everything down there? I plan on applying for everything, might as well. I've got a couple points in WY and am trying to figure out which other states to apply in. What other states do you apply in?
So are you from Bismarck originally? I lived in Bismarck last year, am in Minot now, and grew up in Stanley. Can't wait for this winter to be overwith!!

Buschy, wow, 10 years. That's quite a long time. You definitely made the most of your tag though which is awesome. I'm fairly new to the game of applying in 18 different states in an attempt to get a tag somewhere. I just sent in my first application to AZ. Sometime in the next 5 years ill go down there to get the hunter ed point. Do you apply for everything down there? I plan on applying for everything, might as well. I've got a couple points in WY and am trying to figure out which other states to apply in. What other states do you apply in?
So are you from Bismarck originally? I lived in Bismarck last year, am in Minot now, and grew up in Stanley. Can't wait for this winter to be overwith!!

vdo,

You don't have to wait that long to get a good elk tag in AZ. Yes. I do apply for everything in AZ as well.

Over the years, I saved and created a sizable hunting fund so I was able to apply for lots of tags all over the west. Eveyone has different tastes in what they want to apply for. There are also some tags I don't think are worth applying for. For example, ya I would love to draw a WY sheep tag, but at $100 a year for a bonus point coupled with ridiculousy low odds for anyone with one less than max bonus points, I don't think it's worth it. Everyone has to weigh those kinds of things out for themselves.

I am from West Fargo originally and really like Bismarck.

You're right. It's already been a VERY long wInter. This is the third one in a row and the wildlife is raising a white flag in surrender!

Thanks for the info Buschy, it can take one helluva lot of planning to apply in various states and try and figure out how to make it all work in 5-10 years when you can start pulling quality tags. I know I've spent probably 40+ hours the past couple months just researching different states and their draw processes, odds, etc.
What about everyone else, what is your strategy for applying across the west? How many states? Which species? Do you try and line up hunts back to back? Maybe this should go to a new thread, although I'm not sure how to start one...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back