Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New Mounts are Done!!

Buschy

I just finished up my 2008 ND archery mulie. This is my best deer to date with a bow or rifle. For personal reasons, this deer means more to me than any other I have taken in my life. I really enjoy doing my own taxidermy. I see improvements in every one I do. A friend who is a full-time taxidermist gave me a tutorial on how to improve the ears on my mounts. This should help immensly with the next one.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

The same friend just called me today and told me my 2009 AZ archery elk was finished and I could pick it up. I dropped everything at work and beat feet over to his shop. This guy is a pro and does fabulous work. It wasn't cheap, but I figured it was paid for with all the money I have saved doing my own taxidermy over the last six years. Ya. I can justify about anything! ;)

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

I knew elk mounts took up a bunch of room, but damn they are big. A guy needs a new house or an addition to put them up. In case anyone is wondering, this bull WILL be mounted on a stud in the wall to prevent the Big Fin modification!! :D

IMG_0631.jpg

Dang they both bring back a lot of good memories. I guess that's why we put these things on the wall.

Last edited:
Congratulations on both. Taxi work on both look great. It is a ton of fun to just look at them and recall the hunt and mountain they came from.

They look super! Those are some big animals. What did they score ? I know pictures don't do them justice.

Wingman,

The mulie was 171" as a non-typical and the elk was right at 350", both gross scores. I had them officially scored, but never submitted them. I have others in a file as well I haven't submitted either. I don't know why? I guess I just like to know where they come in at and am happy with that. Upper Deck and Grizzley would tell you it's because there is a $25.00 fee for submitting each one and I am tight azz.

Awesome trophies and I love that you did your own taxidermy. I do my own as well. It is a great feeling accomplishment knowing that everything you did from buying the tag to hanging it on the wall was all you.......good job.

Nice! I have a feeling your a hardcore bowhunter. I myself have never submitted any of my heads. I think I'm going to wait until I retire from bowhunting and turn them in all at once.:):)

The mounts turned out great! Congrats again on some sweet trophies!

Good for you. Shouldn't have shown that sweet ND buck though, now Big Fin might be convinced to come back and give it a go. Just read an article in the Dickinson Press about a neighbor girl that found a monster shed set near Rhame on her snowmobile. She's going to get it scored and if I can figure out how to post a link to the article I will attach it here.

Attachments

• 0120-horns-002.jpg
    0120-horns-002.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 857

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back