new guy

huntRme

I don't know if its customary here, but I just signed up today, and on the only other sight I belong to its appreciated for new guys to introduce themselves on their first post.

I live in Northwest Oregon and grew up hunting blacktail deer, and, occasionally Roosevelt elk. I'm 64 now and have too many hunting stories to share here. I have a BS from OSU in wildlife management, but never got the dream job. I'm now retired (sort of). A few years back the wife and I bought a second home in Moore, Montana and we managed to enjoy it a few years before economics required that we rent it out after my last dream hunt (2009).

I have one point saved up for the NR deer/elk combo draw, but with the house rented out and the increase in the price of the license I don't know when I'll be back to Montana.

The main reason I joined up on this site is because of how much I enjoy the TV shows. I'm an OYO guy that can only watch so many of those other insulting shows before I've got to find something more exciting...like cleaning up the kitchen or something. I'm looking forward to getting to know a few of you and trading stories and information. Good work Randy.

Welcome huntRme. Hope you get back to Montana and use those points you are accumulating. Lots of room for some of your stories here.

Welcome HuntR... I grew up just north of ya in the Snoqualmie Valley of W. Washington... hunting blacktail, blackbears...and cats... only touched on the Rosies...hunted mostly Rockies in Eastern Wa!

Show us some pics or tell a story!

Welcome to OYOA Hunt Talk, huntRme. Look forward to one of those Roos elk hunt stories - along with the pics! :)

Welcome. I grew up in Hillsboro and still have a bunch of family up that way.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back