New Book - I Need Your Help

What are the top ten things to key in on to find trophy potential areas?Are they different from state to state?I'm talking things like genetics,buck to doe ratio,habitat,season length,timing of season,terrain type,access,age structure,quantity of animals.What are the best sources of information to answer these questions?

Great questions and I can't wait to read the book.

Adding to the already great questions: Say you are lucking enough to take a book animal. What are the best techniques to keep the horns from shrinking less? I understand the drying period rules but do you put them by the fire place like Big Fin does? Pull the cores and bondo asap? To expand on these do you guys soak them, boil them, microwave them or simply black bag 'em.

Good good questions on here, don't have a burning question at the moment but you may want to consider altering the focus of the book slightly, if you focus on killing B&C bucks you might have a larger market, then have a section focused on those 90" giants that you are famous for finding and guiding guys too. I know for myself I'm primarily interested in getting a book goat, yeah a 90" buck would be great but I'm not going to be passing up anything 80" or more this year. I just don't know how many guys are passionaite about killing a 90" goat and that might deter them from purchasing the book.

On our way out tomorrow morning for our first trip of the year. It'll just be for the day, but with some luck we'll find some antelope and get some photos and video that I'll be able to post later. Currently I'm logging and transferring 822 clips from our Sony HD Camcorder to clear room for the new season! My computer is freaking out because of the transfer - at this pace it looks like it might actually take over a day to finish!

Thanks for all the book suggestions and questions! If anyone can come up with anymore feel free to keep this thread alive and post them below.

How about what is the best time of year to scout if there is one.If a guy could only scout an area once or twice when should he go?

Couple more questions that come up all the time are:

~ What is an antelopes vision like? Some say like a 20 power bino. Others like an 8 power bino.

~ Do antelope see in color, black & white, or other spectrum?

~ Why are they so curious? What spurs them to approach something just to find out what it is? Like a white flag, plastic bag stuck on the sagebrush, etc... Most other animals will run at the sign of something different, or a change in their environment but antelope tend to approach such things.

Update:

I've reread all these posts and decided that I'm going to turn this information into a website instead of a book. That way I'll be able to address every single aspect of antelope hunting without ever having any out of date information. Also, I'll be able to use video tutorials instead of just text and words, so it'll be a lot more fun and interactive.

I'll keep you guys updated on the progress.

I'm really excited about this - much more excited than if it were only a book!

Update:

I've reread all these posts and decided that I'm going to turn this information into a website instead of a book. That way I'll be able to address every single aspect of antelope hunting without ever having any out of date information. Also, I'll be able to use video tutorials instead of just text and words, so it'll be a lot more fun and interactive.

I'll keep you guys updated on the progress.

I'm really excited about this - much more excited than if it were only a book!

So, if I do an antelope only DVD, can I post some of my video clips in your website?

Do you think anyone would buy an antelope only DVD?

I can't say I am an expert, but our antelope episodes have a lot of interest and generate a lot of emails. If I did a DVD, I could include a lot of stuff you didn't see in the 22 minute version.

We have many, many, hours of antelope footage. Lots of crazy things have happened in these hunts and would like to share them with folks.

Might even have a few ideas that others were not aware of.

Thinking if I could pull off three more antelope hunts this year, to go with the many I already have, it might be enough for a Two-DVD set.

But then again, they are pronghorn, and not everyone is as worked up about them as I am.

Add one more to those that would buy an antelope only set. Fin thanks for the video at the expo. The girls think that is the best thing they got there. Who would of thought that s girls under 9 would watch a 3 hour hunting video so much.

Fin, you could absolutely post some videos on my site! In fact, shoot my an email and we can work out the details. The site is actually fairly close to being ready to launch and I could use some fresh eyes checking things over.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back